View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 05:48 PM
chriscat32
Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Bad Head Gasket or PCV issue?

Originally Posted by mikemadeit94
Well I'm pretty sick to my stomach, but I'm not positive and need input. Bad head gasket, or could this be a PCV issue? 05 Limited coupe, 55k miles. As you guys know I've been working for a long time trying to get all the quirks out of my crossfire and get it back to decent shape... just when I think its finally done... This morning I happened to check my radiator cap and its covered in a milky substance, I have no signs of a bad head gasket from what I can understand. I just changed my oil no milky substance, no milky substance around oil cap etc eveything looked normal. The car does not overheat or loose radiator coolant, and when it is up to operating temperature there is no smoke out of the exhaust. If I remember correctly I did a radiator flush & fluid exchange last year and don't remember seeing this. I know its coming back fast because I just wiped off the cap and reinstalled. Any suggestions? https://youtube.com/shorts/VCeEoXxY2tI?feature=share (Video of my coolent res)
Is it an automatic or manual. If its an auto I would look at the possibility that the trans cooler is leaking into the radiator. If you had a head gasket leak there would be milky oil on the oil fill cap.

The following users liked this post:
mikemadeit94 (11-23-2023)