Thread: fog lights
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Sharonaln67
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: fog lights

Originally Posted by viper2ko
When you turn on the fog lights you pull on the headlights switch once, but you can still pull again out a second time? What does the second time do?
I actually was tickled when I found out what that **** did last month and I've owned my car for close to a year now!

You know how some people ride around with just their runners and fog lights on without having their regular headlights on at night? Well, our cars have the ability to do that, too.

If you turn the **** once to the right, you turn on your running lights. Now while in that first position, if you pull out the ****, you can drive with just your runners and fog lights on.

Now if you turn the **** to the right again, you turn on the full set of headlights. In that position, if you pull out the ****, you now drive with both headlights and fog lights on.

I remember when I lived in Europe and drove a European car, that my rear fog light could be turned on when I had both headlight and fog lights on. In that position I had to pull that **** out one more time to trigger that rear fog light. Why its not a feature here in the US, I have no clue because I would not mind having that safety feature.