View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:41 PM
kenibru2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $287.00 for service "B"

Being a low volume car based on a Mercedes chassis, the Crossfire has to be a "******* child" to Chrysler dealerships. And, it must be a nightmare for most Chrysler mechanics to work on because the cars are utterly unconventional in comparison to other every other Chrysler product. I would suspect that few mechanics see enough of them to ever get very familiar with them, and so they would never get fast enough to make any money working on them...

Another way of looking at this is that working on Crossfires costs most mechanics money! I can understand why they would not be very happy to see us roll up on their driveway. Kinda of like a PC technician having to work on a Apple computer. Would you even want to go to a Crossfire school if your dealership will only sell a handful of them? That time could be much more profitably spent studying the cars you would be seeing every day...

I think the service issue is one reason why used Crossfires are so inexpensive. Most of us enjoy the uniqueness of our cars- very few people even know what they are! The price we pay for this is a weak service network. I grew up around British sports cars, so I am used to being pretty much on my own when it comes to service. I'm just happy to have a place to order my parts...

One valuable function of this forum might be for us to compile a list of experienced and enthusiastic Crossfire mechanics around the country. This would not only benefit us, but also give those mechanics who care about Crossfires more experience with, and income from, our favorite cars...