View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 08:48 PM
Sik Srt-6
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Let’s talk ECU and TCU tuning

Im honestly surprised there isnt more folks interested or talking about the "ultimate nag52" for our cars.

I just wanted to say, i just finished building one of his v1.3 boards, and as soon as the warmer weather shows up, ill be tossing it into the car and getting to the tuning!

Reason ive gone down this path is i have been driven to the point of insanity with how horrible the stock 722.6 TCM programming in on the srt-6 cars. It is by far one of the slowest and lethargic transmission controllers ive ever experienced. Many might not even notice it during day to day regular driving, but the factory tcm program is extremely "lazy". My 2 big beefs were always, slow lazy shifts at low throttle input beyond the point of reason. And excessively delayed shifts when commanding a shift in manual mode. "ive got my foot into it, i told you to shift 2 seconds ago, let me pass that onto the transmission via morse code..... 5 years later..".
Eurocharged has a tune that ive heard helps fix these issues, but its still held back with the original mb cpu.. You cannot deny the fact that Rand_Ash's amazing work is 100x fold more capable then what MB did 20+ years ago with cpu speeds and sensor feedback logarithms. Hes using the latest high speed cpu's and much more complex torque and shift program logarithms. Just the increase memory space in microcontrollers really opens the doors to implement many more features. Along with the ability to run the 722.6 in standalone mode for those of use who have other theoretical projects that could swap a 722.6 into...

Obviously this isnt a set it and forget it venture. This is suited for those of us who want to have full control over shift feel, performance, and feedback, and are willing to take the time and effort to fully utilize a open source fully adjustable TCM. For those who want a set it and forget it package, this isnt for you imo.

I am looking forward to the spring, and i will definitely keep everyone updated on here with how it goes.

Last edited by Sik Srt-6; 02-24-2024 at 08:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (02-24-2024)