Old 02-28-2024, 09:52 PM
CyberCG
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: No Wipers. No Turn Signals. No Entry using Remote

I sent my BCM (original one that failed) off to be repaired. Diagnostics say that the board is not repairable because the problem is a failed processor chip and the processor cannot be physically replaced. I don't know why the processor cannot be replaced, but that is their line of business so hopefully they know.
I have two options.
The first is to buy a blank BCM from the dealer and pay them to configure it. A very expensive option and most likely the dealer couldn't source a blank BCM and if they did, probably could not configure it.
The second option is to have the repair company take my working used BCM(well, it won't let me manually raise and lower the rear wing, control traction control or set for towing) and clone it to match my failed BCM. For $1,000.
They say that the BCMs are VIN locked to the car. I don't know whether that is true or not, but they would unlock the BCM before cloning it.

Well, that's the deal. I'm not planning to spend the $1,000 to clone a BCM. I can live without manually controlling the rear wing (it still goes up at 55 and back down under 40), turning off traction control and turning on the tow function.

If anyone knows of other less expensive options, I'm listening.