Old 03-19-2024, 10:06 PM
Bkoz412
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: p2040 Reductant air pressure High Input/6 other DTC

It's all related to NoX system. Rductant tank Heaters are used primarily in dieselds. Some Petrol cars. Crossfire has a system that injects air into the intake as we all know, Secondary Injection system. One of the key factors is this is to make sure the exhaust has all parameters. Those codes will trip when the secondary system is working but not at correct threshold. Even with no O2 Sensor codes and the computer actually reading correct Exhaust Parameters, there was still a mixture off somewhere.

So I attacked the EVAP,EGR first.The hose that comes Off the Intake in the very front that has a hard plastic nipple and it connects to the Manifold Actuator Valve That is where the problem lies. There was a crack in the hard plastic from hot, cold,hot,cold and it was pulling in air. However when there was a negative drag on the system it would run perfect because of the pressure pulling it all together. Than when UP to TEMP it would the have a rough IDLE. I Went ahead and replaced the plastic nipple by drilling it out and tapping and new hole and making a brass fitting and ran a new hose up to the solenoid for the valve actuator. That than cleared the reductant Tank heater codes I than had to get a new solenoid and actuator to clear up the last remaining codes.

I really have to say if anyone has any problems with rough idles stalling out Gotta check those vacuum hoses at different temps and pressure especially the one that leads from under the manifold as well as the one from the Mass Air Flow Sensor to the firewall along the back up to the passenger fender apron These are key especially if everything else in system is correct. I sprayed ether on all lines nothing change did smoke no leaks detected, I did Everything . It was when I found out Reductant means more DIESEL than Petrol but very rarely. Since Mercedes Sells Diesels with exact same computers and certain components. They do not have petrol specific. and diesel specific codes for NoX System.
If the wording was different would of been a lot easier fixing and a lot quicker

You would think that since this is all related to Exhaust and the exhaust gases were correct and no 02 sensor codes were given that there would be no problem with that system.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-19-2024 at 10:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bkoz412:
exparamedic (03-20-2024), M60A3Driver (03-20-2024)