Old 10-12-2006, 09:26 PM
porterhouse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dealers will actually decline our business given the chance

Originally Posted by crossfireGal
Another eye opener. I e-mailed 8 Washington DC area Five Star Chrysler dealers for estimates on what will be at least $500 in work (two new front tires & a four-wheel alignment). I said in the email I was contacting several individually to compare estimates. I asked that they confirm they have the equipment for the 4-wheel alignment (I knew of at least two 5 star dealers in the DC area do not), that they have a Xfi tech on staff, and that he would do this work if I went with their dealership. I provided my phone # and/or email address as requested in their respective online contact forms (on the dealer websites). I heard back from only 2 of the 8. For any one of the 6 that didn't bother to respond it could be (1) they don't have the equipment to balance 19 inch wheels and not replying took less effort than giving the courtesy of a reply, or (2) they don't have a Xfi mechanic and not replying took less effort than giving the courtesy of a reply, or (3) they do have a Xfi mechanic but won't commit him to such mundane work as installing tires and doing an alignment, or (4) they have contact forms on their dealer websites but no one reads the inbox, or (5) they just don't need the business -- unfortunately a problem with many car dealerships in the DC area/they're inundated with work, or (6) as batmobl alluded to, they groan to see a Xfi pull up, say hmm when they look under the hood -- in a word they are just as happy to let Crossfire business go to some other dealership. I think #6 was a factor in at least some of the non-responses. A sad commentary no matter what mix of these is the case.

p.s. -- DC area folks check the Northeast forum where I will go into more detail and name names.
Send this email to Dr. Z.