View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
intenseblu
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another ebay scam?

ok this is getting confusing... so after it is delivered here i have to ship it to Idaho before the great pumpkin arrives and he has to ship it to The Toy before christmas but in the end upstate is going to send me $500 dollars more than i paid for it when it is shipped to him... mmm sounds confusing but still a good deal... ok i am on it...

lol ... upstate hit it on the head, how is it that someone is going to try and scam us ? we don't believe anyone... especially us tri staters, we are faced with scams on a daily basis... being a close proximity to NYC i get offers to buy everything from leather jackets to expensive bikes on the street... but we know better, we know where it came from, and we would not touch it cause it just enables thieves to make a living off of others property ... but a scam like this one, one would have to be very very dense to fall for ...

i had a similar occurrence when i was selling my brothers gorgeous talon tsi (very quick automatic fwd, 13.3 - 13.5 consistently) ... i had a offer from the son of a wealthy business man that was off on business in Arabia and had given his son a check for twice the amount of what the car is worth and wanted to buy it and have me refund him the remaining money after the purchase ... so after the check bounced two weeks later he would have been gone and i'd be out by 10k ... i rolled on the floor for a good few minutes when i got this offer and proceeded to toy with him for a week or so asking him for details of how to go about this and finished by not responding to his emails at which point he got very agitated and emailed me a dozen or so times with more agitation shown each time...