CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   What did you do to your Crossfire today? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/49053-what-did-you-do-your-crossfire-today.html)

hotwheels 01-02-2014 11:05 PM

Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I looked under the blankets where she is parked in the garage to make sure she's still under there......she is!!

oledoc2u 01-03-2014 07:18 AM

With the weather headed this way, the cars and us will need to be under the blankets......Did I mention I hate winter... I need to start a I HATE WINTER THREAD, HEAT NEEDED TO ENTER THIS THREAD. Infrared heater is now on in the garage...and it is still cold... Grilles are on, and they are all tucked in under their car covers.

Mrmiata 01-04-2014 09:46 PM

I like this so much.. think I need a set for the rear markers now..

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...r-23-86869.jpg

oledoc2u 01-05-2014 12:45 AM

That is a classy look. I sold mine some time ago and never did that mod....but I like them. Tucked the car in...battery tenders on. Snow thrower locked and loaded....come on 12" of snow and 18 below... Did I mention I get back into my 18 wheeler Monday...talk about timing...1st day back after 4 months and I will take that day off...lol....

Mrmiata 01-05-2014 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u (Post 774562)
That is a classy look. I sold mine some time ago and never did that mod....but I like them. Tucked the car in...battery tenders on. Snow thrower locked and loaded....come on 12" of snow and 18 below... Did I mention I get back into my 18 wheeler Monday...talk about timing...1st day back after 4 months and I will take that day off...lol....

I like it well enough.. those from available from Needswings are on the todo list now.. LOL. Looks like a little fine tuning on the rear opening with a dremel and your good to go..

I feel for you guys getting buried by this crap! We're looking at only an inch or so.. and temps down to 5 degrees.. and I'm cringing at that low of a temp.. LOL

oledoc2u 01-05-2014 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata (Post 774567)
I like it well enough.. those from available from Needswings are on the todo list now.. LOL. Looks like a little fine tuning on the rear opening with a dremel and your good to go..

I feel for you guys getting buried by this crap! We're looking at only an inch or so.. and temps down to 5 degrees.. and I'm cringing at that low of a temp.. LOL

I think James had a sticky on how to do the rears....I thought about it, but I like to mod both cars for the same stock look, so I passed. Spent the $$$$ on go fast parts...

SparkieSRT6 01-05-2014 08:11 AM

Disconnected the Ctek, started her up and pulled her out into the snow packed driveway just long enough to install a 75,000 BTU gas fired unit heater. A HOT DAWG by MODINE. Now I have three bays (1000sq ft) of climate controlled workspace.

oledoc2u 01-05-2014 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6 (Post 774579)
Disconnected the Ctek, started her up and pulled her out into the snow packed driveway just long enough to install a 75,000 BTU gas fired unit heater. A HOT DAWG by MODINE. Now I have three bays (1000sq ft) of climate controlled workspace.

That would be so nice. My two car garage just isn't big enough to do much without pulling 1 car out or working with the door open. I keep it above freezing in the garage, but that's about it. I am wanting to sell and go back to the country. Smaller house, heated TOOL shed for the old guy.

onehundred80 01-05-2014 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6 (Post 774579)

Nice setup to have, when is the hoist going in?
I can see you are in competition with bluecoupe to see who has the best set up.

SparkieSRT6 01-05-2014 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 774593)
Nice setup to have, when is the hoist going in?
I can see you are in competition with bluecoupe to see who has the best set up.

Found the hoist I want............but my wife found the 10 acres she wants. May have to wait to see where we end up.

oledoc2u 01-05-2014 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6 (Post 774595)
Found the hoist I want............but my wife found the 10 acres she wants. May have to wait to see where we end up.

Now you are talking...wish my wife would do that...TOOL SHED goes up 1st...lol

allemoney 01-11-2014 01:28 PM

So I did my 1st main headlight bulb replacement on the driver side. Accidentally replaced the bright light first so I put that back in and then replaced the right one. Found the steps in in the "Fixes" thread. They were very helpful! Thanks to whoever wrote that up!

matth189 01-11-2014 02:06 PM

Changed out the transmission and differential fluid today and plasti-dipped my rims black. Really like the new look!

Franc Rauscher 01-11-2014 02:26 PM

I've been watching the snow finally melt off of mine. It has been buried in a deep drift.
Crumpy's is safe inthe garage.

Car wash Tommorow

Rets 01-11-2014 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by matth189 (Post 775752)
Changed out the transmission and differential fluid today and plasti-dipped my rims black. Really like the new look!

Post some pics!!!!!

Rets 01-11-2014 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put some break pads on the rear and a red set MDG caliper covers on! I hope they do what they claim to help keep the dust down a little!

Then a nice bath in 60 degree weather

Franc Rauscher 01-11-2014 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rets (Post 775761)
Put some break pads on the rear and a red set MDG caliper covers on! I hope they do what they claim to help keep the dust down a little!

Then a nice bath in 60 degree weather

Be carefulwith those in hot weathe or heavy brakin.. Your rotors will overheat.

xjken 01-11-2014 04:10 PM

Just checked the fluid levels and the tire pressure. A good thunder shower last night and temps in the mid 50's has melted all the snow and washed away all that nasty salt. Partly cloudy and mid 40's tomorrow means mine is coming out for a cruise. She's ready to run.

Rets 01-11-2014 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher (Post 775764)
Be carefulwith those in hot weathe or heavy brakin.. Your rotors will overheat.

I hope not! Just took her out put about 60 miles back roads and when I pulled her in the garage whipped the wheels and had very little dust!

My little crossfire is not a SRT so I hope these covers are ok!

Rets 01-11-2014 06:35 PM

While putting caliper covers on I noticed my access cover to my passenger fog light is missing! Anyone have one for sale?

Also what's thoughts on license plate bulbs that are LCD?