CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   What did you do to your Crossfire today? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/49053-what-did-you-do-your-crossfire-today.html)

SparkieSRT6 04-03-2011 10:23 AM

Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Lakeview NY
Did a good buffing of plastic on headlights they needed it. Started working on front bumper getting ready for car wrap.

What color combo did you decide to go with?

Lakeview NY 04-03-2011 11:07 AM

I still have to talk to them about color, but thinking about candy cooper with carbonfiber hood with lines on hood cooper. And also recieved sponsorship paint from dupli-color this week. The rims and rest of silver will be done in gun metal. Also talked to borla this week should be getting catback. They told me I will here from them in few weeks.

Was also thinking about grabber blue with stripes

grip grip 04-03-2011 06:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Spent a little more time cleaning up the oxidation on the engine. Here's the before and after for comparrison. I also finished the HID's and drove it to the driving range.

Before:

Attachment 44990

After:

Attachment 44991

Attachment 44992

john book 04-03-2011 07:01 PM

Spent the day detailing two Crossfires for the spring Dragon. had a nice time working with my son. Looking forward to seeing everybody in Fontana. Will have some pics up later if I can get one of my boys to help me upload photos of my brake upgrade.:)

RMADERMAN 04-03-2011 10:15 PM

Funny that this post came back. I drove to Ft. Myers last night for my mothers 82 Birthday. I took my buffer and .......yes I lightly buffed her out,,,,,,sweet looking when she is clean and has a fresh coat of wax on her. After 60k though and as much as I clean and wax her, she is showing her daily driving age. Kinda like me I guess.:cool:

and yes I did moms silver Imala. She was happy.....

Mimi05SRT6 04-04-2011 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by grip grip
Spent a little more time cleaning up the oxidation on the engine. Here's the before and after for comparrison. I also finished the HID's and drove it to the driving range.

Wow, how did you remove all the oxidation? Great job!

grip grip 04-04-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
Wow, how did you remove all the oxidation? Great job!

Thanks. I used brillo pads and a little vinegar.

grip grip 04-07-2011 10:13 AM

I finally installed the 181 crank pulley setup. Me likey. :)

onehundred80 04-07-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
Funny that this post came back. I drove to Ft. Myers last night for my mothers 82 Birthday. I took my buffer and .......yes I lightly buffed her out,,,,,,sweet looking when she is clean and has a fresh coat of wax on her. :cool:

Thats no way to treat an 82 year old lady, thankfully you did not use a clay bar.:p

maxcichon 04-07-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Thats no way to treat an 82 year old lady, thankfully you did not use a clay bar.:p

Dave, that depends. You would have to ask the 82 year old lady. Don't you agree?:p

downwardspiral 04-07-2011 11:21 AM

lmfao this thread just took a turn for the better.

grip grip 04-07-2011 11:35 AM

This thread is about doing things to your XF, not a little ole lady. :D That didn't sound right. LOL

maxcichon 04-07-2011 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
This thread is about doing things to your XF, not a little ole lady. :D That didn't sound right. LOL

I could have pointed out that I live with a 52 year old lady that enjoys nothing better than a good "light buffing".

But I won't go there...

onehundred80 04-07-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I could have pointed out that I live with a 52 year old lady that enjoys nothing better than a good "light buffing".

But I won't go there...

I think you've been there a lot of times by the smile that's always on your face.;)

Moparrbust 04-07-2011 09:48 PM

Had a clear bra installed on the front bumper and headlights..............no more paint chips. :)

grip grip 04-07-2011 09:53 PM

Ordered a big heat exchanger.

john book 04-07-2011 10:04 PM

Warmed up my new Brakes on the Dragon. Thanks again Freakenfast for the new binders.

BoilerUpXFire 04-08-2011 08:57 AM

Tomorrow the AMG big brake kit goes on :D

acrispy1 04-08-2011 03:39 PM

Had my Ansa installed and put on MGP caliper cover. Covers look great and Ansa sounds nice.

grip grip 04-09-2011 10:06 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm too cheap to pay $300 for a used one, so I decided to build my own gauge pod for under $100. I'm 60% done with the pod and I'll probably complete it tomorrow.

Here are some photos of the progression over the last 6 hours.

Attachment 44954

Attachment 44955

Attachment 44956

Attachment 44957

Attachment 44958

Attachment 44959

Attachment 44960

Attachment 44961