CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   What did you do to your Crossfire today? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/49053-what-did-you-do-your-crossfire-today.html)

Larry Hitze 07-05-2011 07:41 AM

Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I replaced the original Varta battery that had an '03 build date on it.

BoilerUpXFire 07-05-2011 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by witchal
Pics included (to avoid the wrath of BoilerUpXFire :p )

They were worth posting, looking good!

Bigkid 07-05-2011 09:01 AM

Took the coupe to one shop to pull the rear end and send off to Devin for the wavetrac install. While the car is down I am sending some parts to Rob for thermal coating. The roadster went to another shop for the tranny service.

CF448 07-07-2011 08:36 PM

Drove it to work and back. The best time of my day.

itsky 07-07-2011 10:21 PM

I packed the coupe for my Vegas trip.

Mike-in-Orange 07-08-2011 01:53 PM

Got it on the local Morning News show on KTLA, Channel 5 here in SoCal.

They came down to do a few segments on car care and wanted a convertible in the mix, so I brought mine in and we had one of our employees and her son doing some "cleaning" on the car.

The various clips from the broadcast are at Allie MacKay - ktla.com and my car is in the video with the thumbnail showing the blue Crossfire (duh!)

joejet 07-08-2011 11:16 PM

I installed a new Pioneer DEH 4300 radio in my base coupe. Easy installation and the improvement over the "base" radio is hugh. Crutchfield is a great Co. to buy from. Radio and all harnesses and keys to remove old radio ect.are included.$119 complete. Highly recommend.

amx1397 07-08-2011 11:55 PM

I didn't do much,,just put a e55 V8 motor in it and went to the drag strip.

jim :: MOV08213_both.mp4 video by letxen3 - Photobucket

Spudracer 07-09-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by joejet
I installed a new Pioneer DEH 4300 radio in my base coupe. Easy installation and the improvement over the "base" radio is hugh. Crutchfield is a great Co. to buy from. Radio and all harnesses and keys to remove old radio ect.are included.$119 complete. Highly recommend.

Glad you had a good experience with Crutchfield. I just requested a return authorization from the idiots. I ordered a Kenwood KDC-X995 HU and Kenwood's Sirius sat radio tuner, along with an iPod cable this week. It was delivered yesterday (Friday). Shipping and billing seems to be Crutchfield's singular talent. Other than that they are a just another bunch of boobs selling stuff on the web.

THE big draw with Crutchfield for unskilled driveway installers like me is their master sheet with customized instructions for "your car". They seemed to know the Crossfire during the ordering process. I used their outfit my car tool which identified the Nav radio. When I selected the Kenwood 995, the website correctly noted that I would lose the nav capability with the Kenwood. And it seemed to be aware that our Infinity system uses an external amp as it noted that their harness would allow you to use the factory amp. That gave me confidence that they actually knew what they were doing. Big mistake on my part!

What arrived was all the hardware I had ordered including the installation tools and connectors. BUT NO MASTER SHEET! They sent me generic instructions for EVERYTHING I DID NOT BUY. Subwoofers, Plug-n-play satellite kits, Amplifiers, tons of advertising and promotions, BUT NO MASTER SHEET for a Crossfire and its wiring harness.

I might as well buy from some grey market seller on eBay and save a few bucks. At any rate, I had this one weekend to install this stuff and Crutchfield screwed that up. They can have their stuff back and I'll keep my money and my newly acquired knowledge of Crutchfield.

joejet 07-09-2011 11:21 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Mine was just the opposite.

Spudracer 07-09-2011 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by joejet
Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Mine was just the opposite.

So, just out of curiosity, did they supply a Crossfire "Master Sheet" with your Pioneer 4300? I'm still wondering whether they are incompetent because they failed to include the only piece of documentation that actually mattered with my order or they're unethical because they failed to mention that they don't actually have a "Master Sheet" for the Crossfire.

I could probably figure out the install or pay someone to do it but my position is that I shouldn't have to invest the additional time or money to compensate for something they promised to do. I'm just really weary of the constant incompetence in our society today. I can't even order a pizza these days without opening the box to check the order. Enough!

dinasrt 07-09-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Spudracer
I'm just really weary of the constant incompetence in our society today. I can't even order a pizza these days without opening the box to check the order. Enough!

That's because the youngsters that are doing the majority of this service work today are either not trained well enough, or only 1/2 listening when being taught or only understanding 1/2 the English being spoken, too busy texting or listening to music on their headphones and don't give a **** to even ask to whom they're talking with. There is really nothing you or I can do about it, except moan about it like this; but it is refreshing when you get good old fashioned and attentive service (with a :D). Blame the Government for stressing us all out!!:mad:

Lakeview NY 07-10-2011 04:04 PM

I took the green off the car. And installed mew drilled and slotted rotors and ebc pads.

LantanaTX 07-10-2011 04:34 PM

I took it to a car show last night and won the 2000 up class!

bmorgan 07-10-2011 05:06 PM

Congrats Bob on the win. Way to represent.

I took the tail lights off the Crossfire today. I am taking them to get them painted with a black/clear mix. They will have several coats of paint with wet sanding in between. I will post pics when I get them back, and installed.

tnhatch03 07-10-2011 05:09 PM

put my golf clubs in the trunk and played 9 holes...

stlouistrucker 07-10-2011 07:12 PM

Replaced the original battery. Six years and three months old.

grip grip 07-10-2011 08:18 PM

I gave it a thorough wash and wax. Afterward I used leather conditioner on the seats and called it a day.

Bigkid 07-10-2011 08:58 PM

I drove the roadster to the golf course. On the return trip I came upon 2 Nissan Z cars a 350 and a 370. On the interstate exchange from I 26 to I 85 the ramp is an elongated s shape. The sign says 45 but I always try to double that just for fun. They were running about 70 when I caught them and had to brake. We all merged onto an empty interstate and they kicked it.The roadster went from the rear to the lead pretty easily in a sprint from 70 to about 130. Only mods on the roadster are a single NW cai and a Sprint booster but she really pulled hard. when I slowed for my exit I got thumbs up from the Z car boys. Don't anyone tell the Flying Turtle I drove her car like that LOL.

JHM2K 07-10-2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
I gave it a MUCH NEEDED thorough wash and wax. Afterward I used leather conditioner on the seats and called it a day.

Fixed your post for you Hoss... :p