CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   What did you do to your Crossfire today? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/49053-what-did-you-do-your-crossfire-today.html)

green-ghost 04-15-2011 05:39 AM

Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

ARRGH... jacked them up as I was prepping for clear. So I painted them and my fire extinguisher again and cleared the heck out of them. Just as I was walking out thinking about how good a job I did; the extinguisher fell off the hanging wire about 1 foot and got a few holidays in the paint:rolleyes: At least it didnt roll:)

BTW, my son has a friend who wants his engine cover on his BMW painted now!! Easy 200 bucks for us! Heh

TomStratRT 04-15-2011 03:40 PM

Replaced the stock battery with a Duralast Gold. Good stuff. :D

6ʇɹsǝɹıɟssoɹɔ 04-15-2011 04:48 PM

ripped the crappy infinity deck out and started hackn away at dash to put 2din in. good times.

Spudracer 04-15-2011 05:46 PM

I registered the car and had new Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT's mounted all around to replace the OEM Conti all season tires.

green-ghost 04-15-2011 06:23 PM

put on my painted surround...it's off a shade so back to the drawing board:mad:

grip grip 04-16-2011 06:00 PM

Mods, please delete.

grip grip 04-16-2011 06:00 PM

Last night was a busy one for me.

1. Applied a little more filler on the gauge pod, allowed it to dry, sanded it out, cleaned it, and painted it.

2. Removed the manifolds and installed the NW Catch can. While the manifold was off I drilled and taped it for the boost gauge.

3. Installed the NW coolant separator.

4. Attemped to install the NW pulley saver, but one of the supplied bolts was the wrong size and I had to reverse all my work. Out of sheer frustration I'm returing it for a refund.

Get off the couch guys and do something fun to either your crossfire or significant other. :D

SparkieSRT6 04-16-2011 06:14 PM

[quote=grip grip]
4. Attemped to install the NW pulley saver, but one of the supplied bolts was the wrong size and I had to reverse all my work. Out of sheer frustration I'm returing it for a refund.

One day you might wish you kept it !

Get off the couch guys and do something fun to either your crossfire or significant other. :D

Not a bad idea....;)

bluecoupe 04-16-2011 06:35 PM

Removed the front bumper, headlights and inner fender splash shields, relocated the horns, installed the NW power steering fluid cooling line...........lots left to do! :cool:

onehundred80 04-16-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Removed the front bumper, headlights and inner fender splash shields, relocated the horns, installed the NW power steering fluid cooling line...........lots left to do! :cool:

That's odd the car never goes anywhere because it's always being modded and the steering fluid is getting hot. I'd say you have a serious problem.:p

I cleaned the new to me Merc engine cover, filled with grit and dust both sides of the filthy K&N's which were fitted by a neglectful previous owner. Good job I have new ones to fit as these ones have so much dirt on them the engine they were fitted on must have been running really rich. But as gas in the States is so cheap I guess he did not care.;)

bluecoupe 04-16-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That's odd the car never goes anywhere because it's always being modded and the steering fluid is getting hot. I'd say you have a serious problem.:p

Very true Dave.....that's why I have two! ;)

Lakeview NY 04-16-2011 07:04 PM

I had my new General altimax front tires put on today.

oledoc2u 04-16-2011 07:06 PM

"these ones" you have been hangin' out with us hillbillys too long....and I think the gas in the "states" is catching up....geez...I hate oil companies. You know they are all laughing all the way to bank...Anyway, got home after lunch, and decided to clean things up, and hook up my little puter and cable, make sure I will be ready for the day I can reach someone at Eurocharged in time to get a remote tune. Then, recover from paying my taxes, install the LSD's, and hopefully before summer is over have my guages done...or should say dashdaq. I hope Rob remembers me...I was going to do this in December...never enough hours in the day....heading out in a few to go back to work, sheriff this time for work day 7...

green-ghost 04-16-2011 07:22 PM

Broke down and bought a chrome windshild surround.

joejet 04-16-2011 07:32 PM

I installed my new billet grill. It looks good on my black coupe.

john book 04-16-2011 08:14 PM

Sparkie, Could not agree with you more, so I took her out for a quick spin around the block, parked it in the garage, mowed the yard, then waxed the car.;) Doc, be safe tonight.

InfernoRedXfire 04-16-2011 08:28 PM

I took a hot shower with her and then did her nails.

Oh wait, that was my wife! :p

Beaner 04-17-2011 12:04 AM

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I drove it... Around Welland, then to Fort Erie, headded North towards Niagara Falls along the Parkway and putted around for a while getting looks from the tourists. Stopped in St. Catharines for some wings at "Wild Wings", then back home. So here I am, checking my pm's and then off to bed

grip grip 04-17-2011 12:13 AM

[QUOTE=SparkieSRT6]

Originally Posted by grip grip

One day you might wish you kept it !

Not a bad idea....;)

I stand corrected. The NW bolt was the right size and my small brain was the cause of the confusion. The NW pulley saver is now installed and doing well. :)

oledoc2u 04-17-2011 12:23 AM

[quote=grip grip]

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6

I stand corrected. The NW bolt was the right size and my small brain was the cause of the confusion. The NW pulley saver is now installed and doing well. :)

Good for you. Sometimes you just have to walk away for awhile...that is still on my "to do" list, waaaaay down the road with way things are right now...