CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   What did you do to your Crossfire today? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/49053-what-did-you-do-your-crossfire-today.html)

lildaddym 08-07-2014 11:56 PM

Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by carl graham (Post 807320)
Ed: I understand from other "users" that it is...it's my next project after painting front bumper(with lip spoiler) and rear bumper due to scratches and clear coat flaking...Carl

How are you painting that bumper? Taking it off the car? I have a peeling front facia myself.

LadyMills 08-08-2014 11:45 PM

I cussed it as my crankshaft position sensor finally kicked the bucket. In the middle of a massively busy intersection during 5:00pm Friday traffic. Yeah, that wasn't fun at all. But I ran down to the O'Reilly auto parts store (a block away) and they had it in stock for $55. My hubby came to save me with a trailer, we took her home, and he's going to earn a very nice little bonus tonight for replacing this for me. It's a win-win! Me-happy. Car-happy. Hubby-comatose. :-)

Valk 08-09-2014 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by LadyMills (Post 807541)
I cussed it as my crankshaft position sensor finally kicked the bucket.
In the middle of a massively busy intersection during 5:00pm Friday traffic.
Yeah, that wasn't fun at all.
But I ran down to the O'Reilly auto parts store (a block away) and they had it in stock for $55.
My hubby came to save me with a trailer and he's going to earn a very nice little bonus tonight for replacing this for me

Hmmmm....do tell :p lol

cg80 08-09-2014 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 807369)
How are you painting that bumper? Taking it off the car? I have a peeling front facia myself.

Both front and rear bumpers will be taken off and painted and then clear coat added...Carl

lildaddym 08-09-2014 06:38 PM

Getting them professionally painted?

cg80 08-09-2014 06:40 PM

Installed 74MM throttle body today... had a rough idle at around 500-700RPM...drove it for 100 miles and the rough idle is virtually gone. Is this a common symptom after the initial installation? I like the fell of the pull at full throttle...can tell a difference...Carl

Mrmiata 08-09-2014 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by carl graham (Post 807637)
Installed 74MM throttle body today... had a rough idle at around 500-700RPM...drove it for 100 miles and the rough idle is virtually gone. Is this a common symptom after the initial installation? I like the fell of the pull at full throttle...can tell a difference...Carl

Puts a little extra grin in there doesn't it.. ;)

Did you do a throttle reset with that? Both of our cars settled in with it after a minute or so..

Indelibility 08-09-2014 06:53 PM

Replaced my water pump, again. Managed to sever 4 wires when I put a cable line on the wrong side so the serpentine belt ripped through them. Also managed to break my coolant temperature sensor.

Back to the garage since my radiator fan is always on and the coolant temp is stuck in the cold position.

Easy car to work on, dumb (expensive) mistakes on my part...

lildaddym 08-09-2014 07:03 PM

Sounds like it was one of those days...

cg80 08-09-2014 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 807636)
Getting them professionally painted?

lildaddym: I guess you could call it simi-professional... I have a friend who is an X bodyman that does this on the side at his home paint shop...his work is very impressive and real reasonable...to fix 3 door dings, paint and clear coat both bumpers, 500.00... Fender Mender wanted 900.00!!...Carl:D

cg80 08-09-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata (Post 807639)
Puts a little extra grin in there doesn't it.. ;)

Did you do a throttle reset with that? Both of our cars settled in with it after a minute or so..

Yes...that's probably why it cleared out after the 100 mile drive...Later,Buddy...Carl

Indelibility 08-09-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 807646)
Sounds like it was one of those days...

Nothing a few drinks and a cigar can't fix, lol. Luckily the sensor is only $20, I fixed the severed wires. The bolt I snapped in half will have to be held together with gasket sealant though...

Beaner 08-10-2014 12:39 AM

absolutely nothing.
i havent seen my car since july 18th.
i just hope to driveit again this year before the weather gets too bad.
pre planning would have been good. could have had the tranny improved, maybe a needed coat of paint... oh well. in the garage it sits until i get home. a battery tender would have been a good thought before i left for work.

sorry, just going through withdrawls

LadyMills 08-10-2014 12:54 AM

Oh my GAWD, I didn't get the "buy Bosch or walk home" memo about the crankshaft position sensor. Replaced it with a quick O'Reilly part, no prob! 2 minutes later it failed, just like the forums warned. I shall never doubt you again, crossfire forum.org!!

bblanchard33 08-11-2014 09:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
New spark plugs installed, changed the shocks with KYB. Now I noticed my drivers side half shaft has a cracked CV boot and needs replacement.

Indelibility 08-12-2014 04:25 PM

Sanded and buffed the passenger headlight again, really gotta wrap those in clear vinyl to protect from UV rays. Least my HID's really shine now!

bblanchard33 08-12-2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Indelibility (Post 808036)
Sanded and buffed the passenger headlight again, really gotta wrap those in clear vinyl to protect from UV rays. Least my HID's really shine now!

I've gotta do both of mine again too. I sanded and polished them last year and they are a little oxidized again.

Indelibility 08-12-2014 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by bblanchard33 (Post 808049)
I've gotta do both of mine again too. I sanded and polished them last year and they are a little oxidized again.

Doesn't take much with these headlights.

GraphiteGhost 08-12-2014 08:21 PM

:) At 20246 miles, I let Chrysler Dealership install new valve covers and cover gaskets due to weeping oil. It is covered on the lifetime powertrain warranty, and it was discovered by them during the 5 year LPW inspection last week. I actually knew this was weeping BUT it never weep'd enough to smell or bother me. I also read in the warranty booklet that this LPW inspection is EVERY 5 years, at any Chrysler Dealership. So, they have my girl, I should get her back tomorrow afternoon. :)

lildaddym 08-13-2014 12:14 AM

Is that LPW good for any owner?