CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   What did you do to your Crossfire today? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/49053-what-did-you-do-your-crossfire-today.html)

Smokin Red '06 06-14-2012 08:07 PM

Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Turned her around in the garage so she could see out side while i checked the right rear AB, looked good, so did the left side. Checked the left & right front CBP, both good. Put in some WSF. Gave her a BIG kiss, put her blanket on her and said good night.

BoilerUpXFire 06-15-2012 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 678554)
I put my fog lamps back in today! They look much better! Now, to do the DRL thing with the LED strips...

Seriously? You aren't going to share what you used to get them polished out? ;)

lildaddym 06-15-2012 01:04 PM

It was a long process...mine were really bad (photos in the galllery), but after failing with the 3M kit, I tried some 220 grit wet/dry sandpaper, which, after about 20 minutes for one light, got the vast majority of the pits and scratches out. Then, I went back to the 3M kit sandpapers, using water with the finer of the two grits, then used a 0000 steel wool. Probably could have used a 000 instead. Completed polishing with the 3M sponge polisher with Meguiar's Plastix and their ScratchX 2.0...allow about 2 hours apiece to get it close to right...I'll post some photos later.

Bigkid 06-15-2012 10:48 PM

I drove my coupe to the lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte to drive in the Exotic Driving Experience. This was a fathers day gift from my wife and daughters. I drove 10 laps in a Porsche 997 and finished the day with 8 laps in a ferrari 458 itialia. What an amazing car the 458 is and that sound when you get in it is like nothing I have experienced. I was told i had the fast lap of the day @00:41.60 in the Ferrari but I bet they tell everybody that.

What a great day! I am calling this the best fathers day gift ever.

SparkieSRT6 06-16-2012 07:15 AM

A couple days ago I installed my machined OEM SC pulley. :D

user 72983 06-16-2012 07:51 AM

Took it to a GTG last night(every Fridai in summer). Viper guy loved it!

Taught an older gentleman how to open his hood to 90 degrees. And the throttle body reset.

Gased her up for a trip to Detroit today.

I posted this earlier today in another thread....

My XF is about as near to perfect that a car could get.

It does have some design flaws, but the good FAR out weighs the bad.

So far, mine runs flawlessly, road drives superb!

Honestly, every time I see it, a smile appears.

$10,000 and change, 29,500 miles!

Used pickup trucks can cost more than that!

Every time I drive it, I get a positive comment, from people I do not know.

XF maintenance is a little high.

But, once again, my runs and sounds like a highly crafted machine!

I've had mine up 140 mph! I tell you, I would, have not done that in ANY other vehicle I've owned.

In my eyes one of the perfect body designs. Can you tell, that I love my XF?

GraphiteGhost 06-16-2012 08:37 PM

:D Did the 74mm TB/MAF Mod today with the Mrs, if you have an N/A and haven't done this mod let me tell you it is well worth it. :D

gunner1374 06-19-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 678919)
:D Did the 74mm TB/MAF Mod today with the Mrs, if you have an N/A and haven't done this mod let me tell you it is well worth it. :D

So, a considerable power increase then? Low? high? mid? throttle response? I want to do this mod too but looking for more info on it. Did you go to Ebay? Cost? I know lots of questions. Thx for your time.

grip grip 06-19-2012 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6 (Post 678808)
A couple days ago I installed my machined OEM SC pulley. :D

What size or amount of material did you have removed? Did you use Bullard?

GraphiteGhost 06-19-2012 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by gunner1374 (Post 679389)
So, a considerable power increase then? Low? high? mid? throttle response? I want to do this mod too but looking for more info on it. Did you go to Ebay? Cost? I know lots of questions. Thx for your time.

:D Yes, low and mid throttle pulls more, response is a little better. Two days later (yesterday) I had the eurocharged tune reflashed (reflashes are FREE) and am doing some testing over the next few weeks. I am leaving on a trip to NC to visit a friend thursday so that will reset all the monitors (when you reflash they all go into certification mode) and will let you all know then. Well worth the $110.74 I spent! Oh, I found a PRISTINE super clean almost new 74mm TB on ebay for only 75 bucks! That with the cheap 24 dollar (delivered) asian knockoff 74mm MAF (for the housing, you have to replace the sensor in the housing with yours), completed most of the parts needed. member maxcichon graciousely sent me a "O" ring spare he had when I sent him a SASE, and that completed the parts hunt. Right away I felt the added power! If you have an N/A I suggest you start looking for the parts! Don't forget the eurocharged tune! It is on sale until the end of the month. Its the "George" sale, because I asked a while back if they could run another and Jake said OK and he would call it the "George" sale. Do it, you'll be glad you did! :D

lildaddym 06-19-2012 04:52 PM

Might look into that mod...on the other hand, I replaced the spark plugs today! Only have two cuts to speak of. The hard part was the back two. Did the first bank in an hour an a half, working cautiously. The other side took about 30 minutes, minus the hunt for the spark plug and torx driver that fell into the black hole underneath the fuse box. Had to take the tire off, and take off some of the screws on the splash guard to find everything!

gunner1374 06-20-2012 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 679430)
Might look into that mod...on the other hand, I replaced the spark plugs today! Only have two cuts to speak of. The hard part was the back two. Did the first bank in an hour an a half, working cautiously. The other side took about 30 minutes, minus the hunt for the spark plug and torx driver that fell into the black hole underneath the fuse box. Had to take the tire off, and take off some of the screws on the splash guard to find everything!

Yep, the plugs are a bit of a pain, but not to difficult to recommend doing them to everyone. Do not go pay someone big bucks to do them. They are time consuming more than difficult. You can do them in 2-3 hours or less (1 1/2 here) with a little patience and no specialty tools needed. Good luck!

Mrmiata 06-20-2012 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by gunner1374 (Post 679553)
Yep, the plugs are a bit of a pain, but not to difficult to recommend doing them to everyone. Do not go pay someone big bucks to do them. They are time consuming more than difficult. You can do them in 2-3 hours or less (1 1/2 here) with a little patience and no specialty tools needed. Good luck!

Quality bonding time with your car .. and wallet!

Tjb421 06-25-2012 09:26 AM

Well it was two days but i just finished changing my oil, replacing my steering stabilizer, getting alignment, restoring headlights, vacuuming interior, and cleaning steering wheel. It was a great weekend!

maxcichon 06-26-2012 08:08 AM

Got a biga$$ speeding ticket.

FUBU 06-26-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon (Post 680682)

What is big *** in USA?

GraphiteGhost 06-26-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon (Post 680682)

:( Max, they got me too! 81 in a 60! Would have been 190 bucks but I asked the huge female trooper if she could please be kind to me, she knocked it down to 69 in a 60 total fine 81 bucks. I'll go to court ans plead insanity! :(

maxcichon 06-26-2012 09:05 AM

I have a feeling this will be ~ $700+. It was not actually printed on the citation. I have to go online to find out what the damages are.

GraphiteGhost 06-26-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon (Post 680692)
I have a feeling this will be ~ $700+. It was not actually printed on the citation. I have to go online to find out what the damages are.

:( JeeeeeezzzzUS... WTF did you do??? Run over a squad of cops? Jeeezzzzz... :(

onehundred80 06-26-2012 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 680687)
:( Max, they got me too! 81 in a 60! Would have been 190 bucks but I asked the huge female trooper if she could please be kind to me, she knocked it down to 69 in a 60 total fine 81 bucks. I'll go to court ans plead insanity! :(

I think that may work in your case, just hope they don't take you at your word, cancel the fine and cart you away in a white van looking like Anthony Hopkins in the Silence of the Lambs.:p