All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

parallel no longer required in MD driving school

Old 06-25-2015, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default parallel no longer required in MD driving school

This is exactly why Baltimore Maryland should NOT get rid of the parallel parking requirement to obtain a license. Luckily i was still sitting in the car when this jackass attempting to parallel park behind me hit my car. Luckily, only damage was done to the paint due to his front license plate bolts. No damge was done to the actual bumper. This is also why i will NEVER park my SRT6 in downtown Baltimore City. The dude had a 2011 Chevy Cruz with dents and dings all ovee the place. The look on his face when i got out of the car was priceless. I saw the condition of his car and was like "damn dude, do this on a regular basis??" I took the car into the body shop Monday and just.got it back yesterday. $400 later (on his insurancr policy of course ) i got my daily driver back. It was humiliating driving the 2015 Toyota Corolla back to my house as my rental. Although i was jealous of the reverse camera. Yes i know they can be installed to any car, but when factory installed they are actually calibrated to the rear dimensions of the vehicle. Pic below is conaider $400 worth of repair damage to a 2004 Limited. And the after pic. (The license plate reflection in my bumpernisnof the A-Hole that,cant drive)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20150619_185952.jpg (1.52 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg
20150618_180334.jpg (1.86 MB, 27 views)
Old 06-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: parallel no longer required in MD driving school

Unfortunately, I find that most American drivers are terrible. Don't get me started about their carelessness, stupid habits, and ignorance of the rules of the road. That's why I part in pull-trhough spaces as far as the jerks as I can. BTW, it looks like you need to clean and wax your tailpipes. :-)

Old 06-30-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Unfortunately, I find that most American drivers are terrible. Don't get me started about their carelessness, stupid habits, and ignorance of the rules of the road. That's why I part in pull-trhough spaces as far as the jerks as I can. BTW, it looks like you need to clean and wax your tailpipes. :-)
They are painted flat black with 2000 degree header paint.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:18 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not withstanding the fact that I NEVER put my Crossfire in a parallel park situation for precisely this reason.............I expect you won't likely do it again either. Yeah, sometimes if we have to wait outside someplace it would be nice to be in a parallel situation just to make it easy for drop off and pick up but I'll drive my car to a parking lot before I allow some idiot the opportunity to bump and scrap it while parking. It's bad enough to have to worry about door dings but the bumpers cost a lot more to fix. Most cars I see in DC can be easily identified as parallel parkers just by looking at their bumpers. To most, they are just cars and it doesn't matter. And if it doesn't mater to them.........then your car is even less of a care. Sad but true.

BTW - removing the parallel parking requirement from the drivers test is meaningless. Most of the people parallel parking passed the test long ago. The passed but have no skill in using it regularly. Even worse, they have no care about the implications on bumping others cars getting into a space either..........Unless you are in the car..........and maybe not even then.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by PNA
Not withstanding the fact that I NEVER put my Crossfire in a parallel park situation for precisely this reason.............I expect you won't likely do it again either. Yeah, sometimes if we have to wait outside someplace it would be nice to be in a parallel situation just to make it easy for drop off and pick up but I'll drive my car to a parking lot before I allow some idiot the opportunity to bump and scrap it while parking. It's bad enough to have to worry about door dings but the bumpers cost a lot more to fix. Most cars I see in DC can be easily identified as parallel parkers just by looking at their bumpers. To most, they are just cars and it doesn't matter. And if it doesn't mater to them.........then your car is even less of a care. Sad but true.

BTW - removing the parallel parking requirement from the drivers test is meaningless. Most of the people parallel parking passed the test long ago. The passed but have no skill in using it regularly. Even worse, they have no care about the implications on bumping others cars getting into a space either..........Unless you are in the car..........and maybe not even then.
As i side gig on the weekends i do security at a bar in fells point downtown. Sometimes parallel parking is the only option to be within a reasonable distance from the bar. Im usually there from 7pm-3am so the last thing i wanna do is have to walk a long distance at 3am with cash money in my pocket. In downtown Baltimore, your life is worth however much money is in your pocket.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:34 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmcdaniel12
As i side gig on the weekends i do security at a bar in fells point downtown. Sometimes parallel parking is the only option to be within a reasonable distance from the bar. Im usually there from 7pm-3am so the last thing i wanna do is have to walk a long distance at 3am with cash money in my pocket. In downtown Baltimore, your life is worth however much money is in your pocket.
Understood. I'd do the same thing if I just had the Crossfire. Your life is way more important. Although the Crossfire runs a close second.......

Old 07-01-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by PNA
Understood. I'd do the same thing if I just had the Crossfire. Your life is way more important. Although the Crossfire runs a close second.......
Ur right about that. I will NEVER take my SRT6 down there. "Limited" access only to Fells Point.