All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Another "Lost" Key

Old 10-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Another "Lost" Key

Okay.

I've been reading about lost keys in the forums, and this isnt all THAT unique...

I just discovered that you cant push the button on the console to unlock the car, which REALLY would have been great seeing as how I THINK the key is locked in the trunk.

SO... since I cant unlock the car by turning the key, or by pushing the button, how the heck do I get into the trunk?????

Old 10-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another "Lost" Key

HA! Nevermind... found the key in my pants... FINALLY

The question still stands though I suppose... That may happen to someone in the future

Old 10-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreJeepDave
HA! Nevermind... found the key in my pants... FINALLY

The question still stands though I suppose... That may happen to someone in the future
Using just one key you'll find that you cannot lock the key in the car. You'll need the key in your hand to lock the car with the button on the fob.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Using just one key you'll find that you cannot lock the key in the car. You'll need the key in your hand to lock the car with the button on the fob.
I guess you could have the trunk door open, hit the "lock" button and then drop the key in the trunk for the key to be locked in?
I've seen it happen to a neighbor of mine but his car wasn't a crossfire so I don't know if it's possible. Guy was cleaning the inside of his vehicle, had all the doors open and by mistake pushed the "lock" button on the remote. Eventually he closed all the doors not realizing he sat down the keys on the passenger side and slammed all the doors...

To answer the OP's question though, I don't know how you would get access to the trunk without using the remote key. Would be interesting to find out!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:30 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
I guess you could have the trunk door open, hit the "lock" button and then drop the key in the trunk for the key to be locked in?
I've seen it happen to a neighbor of mine but his car wasn't a crossfire so I don't know if it's possible. Guy was cleaning the inside of his vehicle, had all the doors open and by mistake pushed the "lock" button on the remote. Eventually he closed all the doors not realizing he sat down the keys on the passenger side and slammed all the doors...

To answer the OP's question though, I don't know how you would get access to the trunk without using the remote key. Would be interesting to find out!
You cannot lock the car like that, if the trunk is open then you will find the car will not lock.