All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Park lights on one side?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park lights on one side?

I was at my favorite watering hole the other night and I had a few people tell me my park lights were on. It was daylight when I parked. When I got outside, yes the park lights were on, but just the passenger side lights.
I cycled the fob a couple of times and the lights remained. I checked the headlight switch and it was in it's normal 'off' position. I cycled it a couple of times and still, the passenger side lights were on. I cranked the engine, let it idle for a few minutes and the killed engine and removed key. The lights were still on. I cycled the light switch again and they went, and remained off. Quite a puzzler. Hours later I left and in doing so noticed the tire pressure idiot light was on. Drove on home and the next day went out and found rear passenger tire low. As in zero. I aired it up and heard air leaking out as fast, almost as I inflated. Pulled tire, had fixed and after driving for 30+min tire pressure warning light went out.
My question: were the lights on because of the low/flat tire? As I said in my intro, I bought the car, 07 Roadster Limited in the month of May. I've read much on this sight and think it's wonderful for us owners. However, I've not been able to find any symptoms that relate.
All is well....except the lights being on for that short time that night.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Park lights on one side?

Originally Posted by rlohrey
I was at my favorite watering hole the other night and I had a few people tell me my park lights were on. It was daylight when I parked. When I got outside, yes the park lights were on, but just the passenger side lights.
I cycled the fob a couple of times and the lights remained. I checked the headlight switch and it was in it's normal 'off' position.
If the headlight switch is not at the O vertical position then the next position counterclockwise is the passenger Standing Lights position. This is the only way I know for the passenger side lights to be on with the car shut off. If left on for a long period of time they can run the battery down. And no, this is not related to your low tire problem.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:51 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Runner
If the headlight switch is not at the O vertical position then the next position counterclockwise is the passenger Standing Lights position. This is the only way I know for the passenger side lights to be on with the car shut off. If left on for a long period of time they can run the battery down. And no, this is not related to your low tire problem.
The ICM can be turned left or right, each way has two positions, the left will turn on the parking lights on the left or on the right. It is a European thing, you park with the lights that are on the outside, toward the center of the road, the ones nearest the curb are not lit.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

??? Has there ever been a case where water in the trunk modules caused the park lights to light up? ???

Old 07-24-2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
??? Has there ever been a case where water in the trunk modules caused the park lights to light up? ???
OK, you have me there. They are controlled to go off by the pump when the lights have been on. My answer would be that possibly they do not turn off or even on if there is damage to the pump.
How's that for a sitting on the fence reply?

Old 07-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
OK, you have me there. They are controlled to go off by the pump when the lights have been on. My answer would be that possibly they do not turn off or even on if there is damage to the pump.
How's that for a sitting on the fence reply?

Dave, you sit on a fence very well, just don't fall off! I almost always invoke deep thought processes. Going through the electrical diagrams in my 08 manual book 2, for many hours (cross-checking page upon page and then some more) I see it IS possible. Is it the cause of this problem, I don't know.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, I know this is an old post but yesterday I turned counterclockwise on the headlight switch and the passenger Standing Lights as indicated above does not come on? Anyone had this issue?

Old 02-18-2018, 11:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mariontr
Ok, I know this is an old post but yesterday I turned counterclockwise on the headlight switch and the passenger Standing Lights as indicated above does not come on? Anyone had this issue?
I have not. Have you checked fuse 7 in the headlight switch? This goes to the right side standing lights. Does the left side work for you?

Old 02-19-2018, 10:15 AM

You know there are two click positions to the left and they turn on the passenger or the driver side parking lights. I am just clarifying the details.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:17 AM

Yes the right side works, turns to the right and all comes on it is when turned to the left, nothing happens. I did not check the fuse but will tonight when I get home.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:21 AM

I will double check that onehundred80 but I swore I did that but you can never tell, my brain said I did and probably did not

Old 02-19-2018, 10:22 AM

Yes the right side works, turns to the right and all comes on it is when turned to the left, nothing happens. I did not check the fuse but will tonight when I get home.
I would imagine if the fuse broke they would not come on at all, otherwise there would have to be two circuits for those bulbs.
Naturally the bulbs or sockets would have to be in a working condition, have you checked these?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Talking Re: Park lights on one side?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I would imagine if the fuse broke they would not come on at all, otherwise there would have to be two circuits for those bulbs.
Naturally the bulbs or sockets would have to be in a working condition, have you checked these?
Well onehundred80, you are correct, only clicked one not twice and when I did it worked