All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Eurocharge Contact Info

Old 08-13-2016, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurocharge Contact Info

I ordered a 62mm SC pulley off Amazon from Eurocharge. Got the sale's receipt, but the item hasn't shipped. They said there were "5 in stock" which generally means it will go out next day. I tried to call last week, left a message and there was no return call. I wanted information on their tuning product. Called again today, and no answer again. Is this an actual company or a small shop? Not the customer service I'm used to I guess. Anyone with a direct number to someone there I can actually speak with? Thanks!

Old 08-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Re: Eurocharge Contact Info

Have you been to their website eurocharged.com tele number I have is (713) 462-1600
You can send them a email from the website.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:22 PM

Yep...been to their website and the number you provided is the same one I've been calling and leaving messages on. Probably just cancel the order. I'm reading more about the pulley scattering too. More importantly I like being able to reach someone when I call. I had a dyno set up for next week thinking the product would ship right away. No worries! Thanks for the info.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:24 PM

By the way zip...nice car! Mine is gloss black, but no doubt you are miles in front of me in terms of mods. I'm just getting started.

Last edited by Michael11; 08-13-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm not positive but I believe I saw a E/C Dyno day somewhere in California on another forum. When they travel it's hard to get ahold of them.

Les

Old 08-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I'm not positive but I believe I saw a E/C Dyno day somewhere in California on another forum. When they travel it's hard to get ahold of them.

Les
With all the technology we have today it is nearly impossible to stay in touch with messages people leave on answering machines and email they send us.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:35 AM

True! You know....running a business and everything, might be a good idea to upgrade to a cellphone, or even an employee to send stuff. I mean, they are on Amazon and gobbled my $500 up nice and easy. Not to mention I would have bought a tune too. Better off taking it to a dyno shop for a real tune.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:09 AM

This has happened before with people on this forum and others with E/C. Not often but it's happened. I only posted to give some piece of mind to Michael11. They have his money.

Les

Old 08-14-2016, 08:35 AM

This has happened before with people on this forum and others with E/C. Not often but it's happened. I only posted to give some piece of mind to Michael11. They have his money.

Les
This has happened far too many times for it to be an rare occurrence. I think people on this forum forgive these things because they are afraid to upset the vendor and will not get a free updated tune. The free tune is a thing of the past so forget that, forgiving the vendor only reinforces the idea that they can get away with it. They would be mighty upset if this happened to them on the purchase of something not for their car or any other supplier of parts for their car.
People pay good money and are not treated fairly.

Purchasing this pulley means you have to get the scatter shield from a vendor who treats his customers with respect. A membership in AAA or CAA is also recommended, even with a shield. Who knows how far from home you'll be when it grenades.
These parts were replaced free at first when they failed, now you get a small discount on another one and you pay for any damage done to your car. As I said years back they will all fail at some point, even the OEM ones will fail but nowhere near as soon.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Regarding the overall design of the supercharger clutch :
Years ago ( back in the 60's - 70's ) I used to service large computer systems that had printers with magnetic clutches for moving the paper.
These clutches utilized powdered magnetic metal ( I THINK it was iron. not sure ) that had an internal rotor and stator.
Surrounding this was a coil that when energized caused the powdered metal to align, thus bonding the rotor and stator.
These clutches lasted for thousands of hours, the only failure was usually attributed to bearing failure.

NO springs to break, NO clutch surfaces to wear, and totally silent.
Why didn't they utilize this technology ?

Last edited by ala_xfire; 08-14-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:56 AM

I hear you. Hey Michael11, shop around. I buy everything I can from Needswings myself. Brakes, suspension, pulley, intake, dashdaq, fuel filer, fuel pump, EGT sensor, Zietronix, boost sensor, fuel pressure sensor, oil filters, drag wheels and tires and on and on. I do have an E/C tune and they've treated me well and given good service AFTER a rocky start. Where do you shop onehundred80. BTW, my Code3 is junk. ASP crank pulley kit rocks.

Les

Old 08-14-2016, 09:07 AM

I hear you. Hey Michael11, shop around. I buy everything I can from Needswings myself. Brakes, suspension, pulley, intake, dashdaq, fuel filer, fuel pump, EGT sensor, Zietronix, boost sensor, fuel pressure sensor, oil filters, drag wheels and tires and on and on. I do have an E/C tune and they've treated me well and given good service AFTER a rocky start. Where do you shop onehundred80. BTW, my Code3 is junk. ASP crank pulley kit rocks.

Les
I do not have many mods to my car, I do have Konis and a coolant separation kit, both from NWs, the separation kit was indirectly obtained from the original buyer and I picked up the Konis from Rob at Woodward.
Like you in PR shipping is a costly item and that has stopped some purchases from NWs.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Regarding the overall design of the supercharger clutch :
Years ago ( back in the 60's - 70's ) I used to service large computer systems that had printers with magnetic clutches for moving the paper.
These clutches utilized powdered magnetic metal ( I THINK it was iron. not sure ) that had an internal rotor and stator.
Surrounding this was a coil that when energized caused the powdered metal to align, thus bonding the rotor and stator.
These clutches lasted for thousands of hours, the only failure was usually attributed to bearing failure.

NO springs to break, NO clutch surfaces to wear, and totally silent.
Why didn't they utilize this technology ?
I would imagine that the torque could not be transmitted.
If you study the springs in the OEM clutches and compare the thickness of them to the after market ones you can see that the after market ones are at least twice the thickness. If these were true springs they would be impossible to bend.
These springs have to be just strong enough to pull the clutch plate back from the magnet when the power is switched off and not too strong that the magnet can just attract them which would lead to slipping. They also have to be able to take the power longitudinally.
The Code 3 pulleys appeared to have the correct thickness of spring, the aluminum ones suffering from a weakness in the riveting.
The rivets have to be a tight fit in the holes prior to the riveting process.
Surely this is not too hard, but rushing product to market too soon often uncovers unforeseen troubles.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-14-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:36 AM

I would imagine that the torque could not be transmitted.
Yup, could be.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:17 PM

What I'm reading here gives cause for concern. Are the 62mm pulleys scattering too? Also where are you finding the scatter shields?

Man, my gut is screaming "cancel the order."

Old 08-14-2016, 12:38 PM

latemodel21 makes the scatter shields

Old 08-14-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Michael11
What I'm reading here gives cause for concern. Are the 62mm pulleys scattering too? Also where are you finding the scatter shields?

Man, my gut is screaming "cancel the order."
I thought that they did not make the 62mm pulley anymore as they were too much trouble.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:14 PM

I found them on Amazon. Something is starting to tell me I got burned. What is the real story with the 62mm? I've read good and bad.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:12 PM

I suppose I need to keep a positive outlook....and buy a scatter shield!! The pulley I'm looking at says it's steel which is a big plus. I'm also reading that it is at minimum a good idea to size up to a 100mm tensioner pulley to pick up any slack although they profess there's no need to and the pulley won't slip with a stock belt.

Bottom line is I'm not on the track although I might make a few runs in the future. Right now here's where I'm at:

1. 62mm SC pulley
2. 100mm tensioner pulley
3. Single NW CAI (Why? Because my tuning shop said he's ran numerous dyno evals and there's no gains with dual CAI that a single can't produce. His words "how much air you think you can stuff into a V6?") Good point. He professes the gains are more with the quality of the tune as opposed to a huge increase single CAI to double CAI.
4. Dyno tune coming shortly after including TCU

Next phase, 125HP wet nitrous set up. I don't race, but having that sleeper will blow some people away. Stock, as is, I had a new Hemi 5.7 Chrysler 300 roll up to a red light next to me shortly after I got the car. Dude was lining up and truth is I got baited into it, and launched on green. He got me off the line but I was three car lengths on him at the end of a local 1/4 mile run and the last look at the speedometer I was moving past 110mph. Backed out there. I got home and the thought came to me "hmmmm....you are a very well known and respected high school teacher of Criminal Justice and Social Studies. How are you going to explain a criminal street racing charge to you school's principal?" So enough street racing. I might run it on the local track now and then in the future, but there's no need for me to go beyond the above.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it's a well known fact that your foot, (an other appendages) can over load the brains, common sence an self preservation responses. That's where we get the saying, "hindsight is 20/20!".

Quick Reply: Eurocharge Contact Info