All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Foam gun and shampoo

Old 03-31-2019, 07:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Foam gun and shampoo

I've deceided to get a foam gun and some car shampoo for this summer's car washing. I posted this in the detailing section but there were no responses, so I want to try here and see if I can get some information. I've searched the web and have found a Adams foam gun and shampoo at a very reasonable price. It sounds good. I also found, on AutoGeeks website, a foam gun that looks pretty much like the one that Adams has, and their own car shampoo called BC or Black Knight, or something like that. The prices are very comparable. AutoGeek also has Wolfgang's auto shampoo made in Germany.

My question here is, has anyone used anyone of these items? If so, what did you think of their performance? I realize that is subjective but I would like to hear your opinions. If you have used another foam gun and shampoo, I'd like to hear about them as well, both good and bad, so I know what to stay away from.

A couple of other finds on the web suggest that for normal car cleaning, get the foam gun and stay away from the foam cannon. The belief here is that the foam cannon is too much for the normal car wash. My car never gets that dirty and is only driven in the summer months and never in the rain unless we're caught off guard. It's washed mainly to get the garage dust and road dust off the car, so I don't want to kill ant's with a bazooka.

I would welcome any comments, suggestions, preference's or opinions on the above subject.

Thanks,

Jim

Old 04-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Foam gun and shampoo

I bought the AG-75Q - Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam Gun from AutoGeek. Seems to work as advertised. Used the small amount of soap that came with it fine. Used some regular car wash I had the next time I used it and I didn't see a huge difference. Have only used it twice though, will be pulling it out again soon I hope.

It did very well soaping up the car and I like the way it sticks. AutoGeek is a good company. If you don't ha any soap, buy some with your order. If you do have a supply of soap you like, try it and see how it does.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Foam gun and shampoo

Mtnears - I just ordered the same foam gun that you have. Glad to hear that your happy with yours. That makes me feel confident that I ordered the right thing.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Jim