CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   My Hood Release Broke!! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/80790-my-hood-release-broke.html)

Scalawag 09-18-2019 05:58 PM

My Hood Release Broke!!

My hood release broke! How do I get the hood open? I went to a car show last weekend and went to pop the hood and the lever under the dash pulled but did not release the hood.

RED DOG 09-18-2019 06:59 PM

Re: My Hood Release Broke!!

Usually the problem is where the hood release cable connects to the red plastic hood release handle. Look there to see if the cable broke or may have just come out of the handle. If the cable is there, you should be able to pull it with a pair of pliers to open the hood. Let us know what you find . . .

Scalawag 09-18-2019 08:24 PM

No such luck. The red lever is in perfect condition and when I disconnected the cable the lever returned to the correct position. The cable is pulled, but does not release the hood. I was looking through the grill this afternoon and couldn't see where the cable connects.

GraphiteGhost 09-18-2019 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Scalawag (Post 929742)
No such luck. The red lever is in perfect condition and when I disconnected the cable the lever returned to the correct position. The cable is pulled, but does not release the hood. I was looking through the grill this afternoon and couldn't see where the cable connects.

:confused: Did you try to push it down hard at the middle where the latch is? Might be stuck in a 'floating' position?... :confused:

onehundred80 09-19-2019 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Scalawag (Post 929732)
My hood release broke! How do I get the hood open? I went to a car show last weekend and went to pop the hood and the lever under the dash pulled but did not release the hood.

Here is how to open the hood when the lever does not work. CLICK

Scalawag 09-19-2019 08:11 PM

Got itI Thanks for the guidance. The pull cable had come completely disconnected from the latch.

RED DOG 09-20-2019 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scalawag (Post 929807)
Got itI Thanks for the guidance. The pull cable had come completely disconnected from the latch.

Happy to hear that you got your hood open . . . Thanks for coming back to let us know!

Good Job finding and posting those directions onehundred80 . . . :p

onehundred80 09-20-2019 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 929829)
Happy to hear that you got your hood open . . . Thanks for coming back to let us know!

Good Job finding and posting those directions onehundred80 . . . :p

I may be old but the memory works most of the time, the answer was in my sig line thread.
Having been here a while most problems have popped up and when a new post on an old problem appears I often remember the previous ones.