All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Crossfire shipping point of entry?

Old 08-23-2023, 11:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 311 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Crossfire shipping point of entry?

I'm trying to research as much information about my car as possible. I have done the VIN decoder on the forum and from Chrysler. I've also downloaded the Monroney Label and contacted Chrysler Customer Service.
I found out that my Roadster was originally sold from DARCARS Chrysler in Rockville, MD.

I assume the point of entry was somewhere in Virginia.
When doing the decode there is a "VIRGINIA SHIP TO STATE CODE" but no code or information. There is also "VIRGINIA SOLD TO STATE CODE" and "VIRGINIA CHAPTER-90 RECOVERY". Also no code or information.
My guess would be the port in Newport News, Virginia. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-24-2023, 04:22 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire shipping point of entry?

Originally Posted by M60A3Driver
I'm trying to research as much information about my car as possible. I have done the VIN decoder on the forum and from Chrysler. I've also downloaded the Monroney Label and contacted Chrysler Customer Service.
I found out that my Roadster was originally sold from DARCARS Chrysler in Rockville, MD.

I assume the point of entry was somewhere in Virginia.
When doing the decode there is a "VIRGINIA SHIP TO STATE CODE" but no code or information. There is also "VIRGINIA SOLD TO STATE CODE" and "VIRGINIA CHAPTER-90 RECOVERY". Also no code or information.
My guess would be the port in Newport News, Virginia. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks in advance.
M60A3 Driver
The east Coast port of entry for the Crossfires was Baltimore, Maryland and shipped by truck or train to the various dealerships. This information had been discussed in the past. If you start using the SEARCH button on the top of the main page, you will find all of the answers discussed since 2003. Why ***-u-me, when all of the answers are located on this forum.
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 08-25-2023, 01:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 311 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
M60A3 Driver
The east Coast port of entry for the Crossfires was Baltimore, Maryland and shipped by truck or train to the various dealerships. This information had been discussed in the past. If you start using the SEARCH button on the top of the main page, you will find all of the answers discussed since 2003. Why ***-u-me, when all of the answers are located on this forum.
Dennis
DTMenace
Thanks for the info, but no need to be rude about it.
I tried searching the forum, google, etc... before I posted my question.
I'm not lazy and I don't expect things to be handed to me.

Last edited by M60A3Driver; 08-25-2023 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:02 PM
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

The largest port in Virginia is just across the James River from Newport News. That would be Norfolk Virginia. Another alternative in the immediate area would be Portsmouth, Virginia. All three cities are within 10 miles of one another.