General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

I need help in Dearborn MI...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Default I need help in Dearborn MI...

My son and I have been Hot Wheels collectors for years now. No they don't make a Crossfire yet!

But Mattel is making a 40th Anniversary Road Trip across the country giving away a different car at each stop. I plan to drive to Indianapolis but maybe someone can give us some help in Dearborn on Monday Sept 1.

Please post or PM if you can help. We would greatly appreciate it.

James1549atCurrent.net. Here is a copy of the advertisement. Look for the green color.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need help in Dearborn MI...

James - the kick off event at the Mattel HQ is like half a block from my companies office in El Segundo.

If you want me to pick up a HW let me know ASAP - I can schedule a meeting there.

Last edited by BrianBrave; 08-18-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:28 AM

Brian, We would be greatful if you could attend and get us a HW, two would be outstanding. Each stop will have a unique car. Any help would be appreciated.

I am still in debt to you for the chrome engine cover emblem. I will make it up somehow, just give me some time.

James

Old 08-19-2008, 06:32 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by James1549
Brian, We would be greatful if you could attend and get us a HW, two would be outstanding. Each stop will have a unique car. Any help would be appreciated.

I am still in debt to you for the chrome engine cover emblem. I will make it up somehow, just give me some time.

James
Bummer -

I went to the road show and they had no give-a-ways or items for sale - just a curb side send off - but the corporate office was a having a big employee party with a catered BBQ lunch etc...

When I walked up - I was told "employees only" well that doesn't stop me - so I crashed the gig via the back entrance – I enjoyed a killer lunch (I look so corporate) - listened to the "Hot Wheels" band play car themed songs, lots of displays, raced miniature cars on the race track, enjoyed the tire change competition. They even had a Barbie confessional... (do you know what I made you do to Ken?..)

The employee Hot Wheel give-a-way was on a basketball court on their campus that was fenced off with a guard at the gate. The only way in to get a Collector Hot Wheel was by showing your employee badge. So I went around back and asked the ladies handing the cars out for one - saying I forgot my badge at my desk - "You got the memo - No ID badge - no collector car" “Email your Supervisor and maybe they can arrange..." They even had Otto Kuhni on hand signing autographs and cars...

Sorry man I worked it hard - but it was a pleasant three hour break from work... You'll have to get one on Ebay - employees weren't giving them up...

Old 08-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Brian, Thanks for making the effort for us! I'm glad you got a lunch out of it. The employees won't give them up because they will put them on eBay themselves. On the HW message board, Mattel made it sound as though a car would be given out at the start of the road trip, but they didn't mention 'employees only'.

Thanks again, James

Old 08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 515 Likes on 355 Posts

Brian,
I have heard the term "Wedding Crasher"
but "Hot Wheels" crasher is a first.
Way to go scoring a free lunch mixing in with the employees.
To funny.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:24 PM

Brian, I looked through your photo gallery. The Deora II is really cool, it was here in Cincinnati last year at a car show. Thanks for the pics. James

Old 08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

http://www.hotwheels.com/40th/ (click on El Sugundo)

The Hot Wheels® 40th Anniversary Road Trip was officially kicked off today, August 19, at Mattel's El Segundo headquarters at a special employee event. Thousands of Mattel employees and special guests (Hey that's me!!) joined the celebration as the caravan of vehicles began the three-week cross country journey to bring Hot Wheels® to fans nationwide.

Plus I got a Cheeseburger, Chips, Salad, Slice of Cheesecake, Cookie, Sodas and of course scoped out the hot female - ah..er.. I mean Hot Wheel displays..

Old 08-21-2008, 07:24 PM

Thanks again Brian...

NOW FOR SOME HELP IN DEARBORN MICHIGAN... PLEASE

James

Old 08-26-2008, 02:19 PM

Still looking for some help in Dearborn... Please!