General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Guess i might as well introduce myself

Old 08-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess i might as well introduce myself

Should of done this earlier, lol

well. im william. 21 years old, currently attending Southern Poly State University (read: Hell) this is in marietta, ga for those that are wondering

i've owned my 07 Limited Coupe(Black) since February, and have actually managed to accumulate 10,000 miles to date. i purchased it with 7k on it as a Chrysler Executive Rep car... its been a love hate relationship.
The rear rotors are warped... the front steering stabilizer is leaking, and the tranny either has a been 2nd gear shift fork or synchro problems. because every so ofter it will either go into 2nd, go all the way back into gate and nothing is there, or it grinds.
the dealer should hopefully fix these issues

but other than that i absolutely love the car. it has to be the best handling stock vehicle i've driven, next to our C6 Z06

I;ve been building cars and racebikes since i was about 12, my mom worked at road ATL back in the day.
My father built old school turbo BMW's and now we build racebikes and anything that goes (or can go) fast.. we also race motorcycles and the occasioanl car track day.

I work at a local motorcycle shop.. yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki of canton as a parts advisor... i aslo do work for the factory yamaha team when they are at Road ATL as one of their parts guys... I also build and setup motorcycle suspension systems.. as well as tune cars, anything from NA Hondas to Corvettes ( i tuned my dads C6 Z06 to the tune of 504whp and 485ft lbs of torque with 0 knock count, woohoo, lol)

My current projects are the Crossfire, my 1991 240sx S13 Coupe (full blown racecar now), my 05 Yamaha R1, and my 02 ranger... the daily beater

anyways... enough talk. onto photos of your humble narrator
me... oh joy

random photo i took

The z06

the 240 back when it was a street car

anyways, just thought i would poke my head out so you all can know who this ******* is that posts here, lol

Old 08-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Default Re: Guess i might as well introduce myself

more of the 240

Old 08-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, nice cars you have there! Welcome aboard and glad you are loving the Xfire. If you think it handles pretty well, the SRT-6 is even more fun. But the Z06 has to be one sweet handling ride! Enjoy the forums and glad to have you onboard!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:36 AM

well the Z06 is far far from stock

we do prototype development for Kooks, K&N, GLE and Six shooter short shifters

the mods are as follows

Prototype Kooks Long tube headers
Kooks catless x-pipe
GLE cat backs
K&N Intake
FAST Dual widebands
HP Tuners Tuning software (turns the stock ECU into a full standalone... i envy american cars sometimes)
Six shooter short shifter... 60% throw reduction... literally a 1/4 of an inch from gear to gear.. its almost hard to drive
Callaway/Eibach Double Adjustable Coilovers with external reservoirs.
Goodridge Braided brake lines

Theres a K-TEC cam along with springs and retainers waiting in the basement that will bump power to around 530whp and 500ft lbs.. just waiting to go in *sigh*
as well as a full set of Brembo 6 piston front and 4 piston rear Monobloc calipers with 15 and 13" full floating rotors, respectively...

its my dads car at this point, i just turn wrenches... but his ZR1 is on order, and this will be mine when it gets here.. oh how im waiting for that day

Old 08-21-2008, 12:39 AM

oh and i have a slight drifiting problem

i helped found 240atlanta.com a local 240 site
so between us, my buddy dave and his clothing company... virjinjorj. along with marcos of southeast drift, we work to host events all of the southeast.

it would be nice to see some crossfires out there