General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Any Attorneys or lawyers here?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Any Attorneys or lawyers here?

Are there any lawyers or attorneys on here? Someone owes me money, and I want to know if I should hire someone, or pursue small claims court myself, as well as what my options are? Post, PM, or email (will3ptman@wi.rr.com)

Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Any Attorneys or lawyers here?

Find them and beat them with a stick and then drag them to an ATM and get your money!!!!!

Check the law in your state, and the Small Claims Court maximums. Make your decision based on what is owed versus how much you will have to pay an attorney to collect.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Any Attorneys or lawyers here?

excellent advise......I concour...

Old 09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Due to the reliability of the Crossfire, the lawers are chasing ambulances,and not logging on this forum

Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheCrossfirekid
Are there any lawyers or attorneys on here? Someone owes me money, and I want to know if I should hire someone, or pursue small claims court myself, as well as what my options are? Post, PM, or email (will3ptman@wi.rr.com)
I'm not licensed to practice in your state so I can't give you advice. However I can make a couple of statements of fact. Small claims court is easy and cheap. In my state you are not allowed legal representation in small claims court (no lawyers) Do a search concerning the rules in your area. Lawyers are also expensive. So it depends on how much money is a stake. At 200, 300, or 400 an hour it can eat up your recovery plenty quick.

Some lawyers will write a letter for you on the cheap. It's kinda like cocking a shotgun, it really gets someone's attention. I hope this was helpful. MM

Last edited by Mr. Max; 09-04-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 PM

[quote=Sandgrounder]Due to the reliability of the Crossfire, the lawers are chasing ambulances,and not logging on this forum [/quote

I USED TO CHASE THEM. NOW WITH MY SRT6 I ACTUALLY CATCH THEM!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM

I'm not a real lawyer but I play one on the internet.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Find them and beat them with a stick and then drag them to an ATM and get your money!!!!!
Your talking about the beating the lawyer's, right? Good advise

Old 09-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Any Attorneys or lawyers here?

Are there any lawyers or attorneys on here?
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Forum Regular

Any one have any ideas on how much evidence will be needed to gaurantee a victory? Would someone else's statement that is knowledgeable of the situation and partially involved be enough? Basically someone owes me money- a neutral friend of both of us agreed to take over the debt on certain terms and he would pay me. Well, they agreed to terms, but the guy never came through. What do i do? If i hire a lawyer, am i able to sue for court costs,and lawyer fees? Y should I have to pay money to get my own money back? I think i'm just going to break this guys knees and call it even.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Forum Regular

We know you're pissed off. It's not just the money - it's the guy's attitude that needs a good *** whooping. Many of us have been there.

Now honestly, how much money are you talking about and we'll give you some sane advice?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:53 AM

Any one have any ideas on how much evidence will be needed to gaurantee a victory? Would someone else's statement that is knowledgeable of the situation and partially involved be enough? Basically someone owes me money- a neutral friend of both of us agreed to take over the debt on certain terms and he would pay me. Well, they agreed to terms, but the guy never came through. What do i do? If i hire a lawyer, am i able to sue for court costs,and lawyer fees? Y should I have to pay money to get my own money back? I think i'm just going to break this guys knees and call it even.
You can also deduct some of the loss from taxes, but you have to carefully read the deduction terms.

I don't know much about how to win your case. But when dealing with other people, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document, document.

never do ANYTHING without a signed, written agreement.

Around here we call the monetary loss a "stupid tax".

Last edited by sonoronos; 09-08-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM

I'm sure you have heard the old saying "a person who acts as their own attorney has a fool for a client" Seeking legal advise on a car forum can't be real wise either.

If it's a lot of money pony up a few bucks and buy an hours consultation with a lawyer. If it's small money and you could take the hit try small claims court.

Do a search for Wisconsin guide to small claims court. They have a download to enlighten you.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

well kid, if you didn't get in writing, I don't care what state you are in, you are more than likely screwed...if it were important enough to make the deal, then you should have drawn up a contract. You can download a copy of just about any contract, get creditable witnesses and notary, and there you go...but you didn't do that did you...lesson learned...as for the beating him up, that will also you cost you in the end as well, so I would count my losses and move on...

Old 09-10-2008, 05:03 AM

This guy's name doesn't happen to be "Markus C. Bell" does it?