General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Barrett-Jackson Auction

Old 09-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barrett-Jackson Auction

Have any forum members been to one of these before? I am amazed at what these guys and gals will spend on the car they want. They are saying that they have a car that will break the 5 million mark this season!!

I wonder what the LAST SRT-6 to come off the line with like 5 miles would bring

I was going through the archives and saw where an 86 Grand National with 47 ORIGINAL miles sold for only 17k!! Hell I would have bought that....

Old 09-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli.../w_search.aspx

Sorry it was a 1970 Road Runner that sold for 72,000 440cid...just realized the link would not work...

This makes me sick...My dad bought one of these new about a year before him and mom got married...He sold it when he found out that mom was pregnant with my older brother.

I told him to watch this auction the last time it came on and he saw what the "hemi" cars went for and said he nearly threw up..he paid 2400 for this EXACT same car new...wow...

I wonder if 20 years from now the crossfire's will get this must attention?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Akers04Coupe
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli.../w_search.aspx

Sorry it was a 1970 Road Runner that sold for 72,000 440cid...just realized the link would not work...

This makes me sick...My dad bought one of these new about a year before him and mom got married...He sold it when he found out that mom was pregnant with my older brother.

I told him to watch this auction the last time it came on and he saw what the "hemi" cars went for and said he nearly threw up..he paid 2400 for this EXACT same car new...wow...

I wonder if 20 years from now the crossfire's will get this must attention?
.....NO.....

Old 09-07-2008, 04:56 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

now that's not nice...I think they will, but just like the Gran National....

Old 09-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Barrett-Jackson was built on higher end antiques/classics/European sports cars. When that market experienced a down turn, as markets will do, and the Muscle Car market took an enormous upswing, B-J did the smart thing business wise and moved with it. Last January I think they seriously missed the market though. While RM Auctions and others were holding events in and around Phoenix at the exact same time, and selling older Ferraris and beautiful antiques for multiple millions of dollars per vehicle, B-J struggled to sell much of anything for over a million and instead paraded out all those rediculous (and fairly worthless) Monster Garage vehicles. In the months since then it has become very clear that the Muscle Car market has not only topped out but continues to pull back while others are coming on strong once again. Several older Ferraris have recently sold for $2.5MM to $5MM and more (RM Auctions at Monterey just a few weeks ago, for example), and quite a few antiques have done extremely well also. I think B-J sort of jumped the shark last year and it will be interesting to see how they rebound come January 2009.