General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

SRT6...Where are you

Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question SRT6...Where are you

Has anyone heard from Forum member SRT6 since his vacation?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: SRT6....Where are you

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Karl, has been ill since he got back from Europe. I did communicate with him via e-mail. He told me he was recovering and feeling better and would be on-line shortly. That was about two weeks ago. I hope he's OK.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: SRT6....Where are you

Here's (SRT SIX) Karl's e-mail to me. Please feel free to e-mail him at karl@cardoover.com

Fernando,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you and no, I have not died.....yet anyway!

Since we got back from Europe, my doctors wanted me to get some bed rest because I had some sever issues with my legs before we left. WRONG ADVICE! I may be a couple years your senior but as you know my job also includes a considerable amount of air travel. As long as I stayed active (walking, driving, sightseeing, etc) I was fine, the moment I followed doctor's orders and relaxed was the moment my body said WHOA!. I gained about 50 pounds in less than 3 weeks. My legs looked more like a characature of Popeye and I was totally exhausted!

I have been spending the better part of each week going to and from doctor and hospital appointments for the past month. In the last week things have really turned around and I have lost 22 pounds. I get to wear a pair of "stylish" leggings attached to a giant "aquarium pump" twice a day that push the lymphatic fluids out of my legs for "elimination". The pneumatic pants are actually quite comfortable and feels like a total leg massage (I usually fall asleep).

On top of all this I am now diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. I was pretty scared when they told me, but the docs assured me that it is mild and in no way threatening (no matter the title) if I change my ways and follow a strict regimen.

As I write this I am feeling about 300% better than 2 weeks ago and starting to get a little more active (standing up was a major effort) and actually walking up to a 1/4 mile at a time.

If you want to pass this along to the forum members, feel free to do so. I will be back on the forum in the next few days. I know I have a lot to catch up and there are a number of people looking for products.

Thanks for your concern,

Karl

Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT6...Where are you

Ahhhhhhhhhh, makes sense: I'm no doctor but the heart issues probably had a LOT to do with the excess fluid in the legs. If he squares away the lifestyle per the doc. he'll be OK.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SRT6...Where are you

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
I don't know Karl but I'm really impressed that you have an XLR, Seriously!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: SRT6....Where are you

Originally Posted by FP
Here's (SRT SIX) Karl's e-mail to me. Please feel free to e-mail him at karl@cardoover.com

Fernando,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you and no, I have not died.....yet anyway!

Since we got back from Europe, my doctors wanted me to get some bed rest because I had some sever issues with my legs before we left. WRONG ADVICE! I may be a couple years your senior but as you know my job also includes a considerable amount of air travel. As long as I stayed active (walking, driving, sightseeing, etc) I was fine, the moment I followed doctor's orders and relaxed was the moment my body said WHOA!. I gained about 50 pounds in less than 3 weeks. My legs looked more like a characature of Popeye and I was totally exhausted!

I have been spending the better part of each week going to and from doctor and hospital appointments for the past month. In the last week things have really turned around and I have lost 22 pounds. I get to wear a pair of "stylish" leggings attached to a giant "aquarium pump" twice a day that push the lymphatic fluids out of my legs for "elimination". The pneumatic pants are actually quite comfortable and feels like a total leg massage (I usually fall asleep).

On top of all this I am now diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. I was pretty scared when they told me, but the docs assured me that it is mild and in no way threatening (no matter the title) if I change my ways and follow a strict regimen.

As I write this I am feeling about 300% better than 2 weeks ago and starting to get a little more active (standing up was a major effort) and actually walking up to a 1/4 mile at a time.

If you want to pass this along to the forum members, feel free to do so. I will be back on the forum in the next few days. I know I have a lot to catch up and there are a number of people looking for products.

Thanks for your concern,

Karl

Karl....Great to hear from you......ands its GREAT that you are feeling better. Listening to Doctors can be subjective, but if you have a good one listen to him! In 2004 my doctor told me to also slow down....I listened and 4 months later I had a heart attack and a year after that a Popiteal Aneurysm behind my left knee. Get better and back to the Forum!!!!!

Max..Thanks the XLR is a great car.....on the downside I had to give up my Roadster Limited.