General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Cowboys as a KID! (not football)

Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cowboys as a KID! (not football)

Found this and thought I would share. I have/watch OLD cowboy movies from the 30's to whenever anytime I can and enjoy them.

http://www.oldfortyfives.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

Greg

Old 10-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Cowboys as a KID! (not football)

Originally Posted by Punkin
Found this and thought I would share. I have/watch OLD cowboy movies from the 30's to whenever anytime I can and enjoy them.

http://www.oldfortyfives.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

Greg
Thanks for the memories Punkin. Some of those guy's were before my time but Hoppalong Cassidy was really big when I was a kid. I had "Hoppy" everything lunch pail, hat, guns and holsters, even my toothbrush was a Hoppy.

The co-actor and character section was really interesting. I recognized all of them but couldn't have told you hardly any of their names.

I wouldn't mind going back to those simple times sometimes.

A comic pointed out that he thought every episode of the Lone Ranger was the same. The Lone Ranger and Tonto would be riding through the countryside and camp outside of some small town and the Lone Ranger would send Tonto into town to get supplies and see what was going on. As a consequence Tonto would get his *** kicked by the locals and the Lone Ranger would rescue him and make things right.

The comic said if he were Tonto and the Lone Ranger said "Tonto, you go to town" he would have said " Kemosabe, you go to hell"

Last edited by chuck65; 10-13-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 AM
Default Re: Cowboys as a KID! (not football)

Chuck, when I put direct TV in a few years ago I purchased premium channel "STARS" just for the western channel. I've been watching Hoot Gibson, Rocky Lane, and the rest ever since. My Dad is getting up in the years and has 3 channels broadcast in Indiana so I record them and send them to him.

Interesting fact for ya:

Allen "Rocky" Lane was a famous and popular cowby in the 40's - 50's and when the decline of westerns hit, he found himself out of work. Not ready to retire, he took a voice over job and never had his name used/listed/ credited because he was so embarassed. You would remember the voice from the show. Willllburrrr................

Yes, the voice of Mr. ED

Now you can amaze your frends and family with that one.