General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

SPEEDING TICKET help !!!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SPEEDING TICKET help !!!

I am posting this in hope there are some smart officers on here. I just got pulled over for 120 in a 55. Long story short I was out in the middle of no where driving less then the speed limit behind two cars. Kicked it down to pass them only to see up ahead a car was pulling out, so I put it to the floor. Well as everyone knows 50 turns to 80, 80 turns to 100 and 100 turns into 120 very quickly. I got around them let off DIDNT BRAKE figuring I would just start to cost, only to see a cop at the top of the hill waiting for me.

The Female officer comes to the window and just says licenece please, I hand it to her and start to expalin my story. She doesnt want to hear it asks me to step out of the car. Here is where I think I am getting arrested nope even better she shows me the radar screen it says 121. She says get back in the car. I do, and i begin telling her my story of how I was passing these cars Blah blah blah. She begins to tell me she didnt see any cars like I am making this story up in my head. When she finally acknoldges that my story may have some bearing she asks how fast they were going. Stupid me I say I dont know 50- 55 she quickly explains thats the speed limit and will now be issused for the full sitation. I say you cant cut me a break at all she says no. I say great guess I will have to wait for court.

Obviously guilty I know this, 120 maybe I was just driving wasnt really looking was more worried about the car pulling out.

My question to the officers or lawyers on here are these.
First Question: Do i have a case? For one, isn't rolling radar going to have many possible errors due I was traveling the opposite direction with a very small window of time to be in his Radar?

Third Question: Due I show up in court and hope the cop doesn't show, and if he does, Hope he doesn't have the radar log book and calibration book and motion for dismissal from lack of evidence. Also I heard a continuance is not recommended either as it may tip off the Prosecuting attorney. This court case will be held in a small town of 4,000 population at the county seat. Being that it was in Wisconsin, Isnt there some "preponderance of evidence" clause.

Fifth and last question. He talks about the MUTDC manual and speed survey. Is this that real, or far fetched?? It says a cop has no jurisdiction to give you a speeding ticket if no speed survey was done in the last 5 years and because it is a federal regulation no state, or county rules can override it. Because this is a country road in a small population farm community possibly there was no survey done.

Pretty much I am screwed right before It goes into storage.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SPEEDING TICKET help !!!!

u gotta pay to play.

in the past 125 + reckless drive
i have in the past
showed to court had judge dismiss the ticket add the speeding into the reckless driving violation and allow me to take defen driving . but the judge stated she was in a good mood today so why not.....

call the prosicutors( spell check me) office and ask em what you can do they might have a good answer on tap if not dig deeper and find a lawyer to pull ur *** out of the jam .

showing up and cop not showing up has worked for me and people i know in the past on dui speeding failure to stop and other fun but stupid tickets but it can have risk if u walk in holding your **** and the cop is there holding her...well whatever chicks hold

pay to play
tickets are there for a reason without the police handing out tickets how would we ever .....wait what the hecks up with cops throwing ticket trash ?

Old 10-31-2008, 04:37 PM

OH Jonny! @ 120 you should have made her catch you
At least she showed you the radar lock, I do believe in Mn That number will get you a reckless. I do not know what Wisconsin does.
Good luck!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:51 PM

I thought about it as I was pulling over before the cherries flipped on

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT
OH Jonny! @ 120 you should have made her catch you
At least she showed you the radar lock, I do believe in Mn That number will get you a reckless. I do not know what Wisconsin does.
Good luck!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Don't even for one second think that you should have ran.......you did the right thing! I'm sure your car stands out in Wisconsin, especially in a small town. There's no sense in adding on felony fleeing and eluding to an already bad citation. You did the right thing.....man up and take what you deserve. We all know the law, and many of us choose to break it, knowing full well the consequences could be dire.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure you're screwed. Maybe go out and retain a lawyer local to where you got the ticket and see what they say. They will have a much better idea what is going to happen than anyone on this forum. The other little piece of advice I have, and I'm sure a lawyer would say the same, is to be proactive going into this. Maybe take a defensive driving course before court.....point being, at least try to make it look like you are remorseful for your actions, and you are trying to take it very seriously.

It really does suck.....but you did the right thing. take care of it the right way and I'm sure we'll all respect you for "taking your medicine".

Keep us posted as you travel through the legal system.........I'm sure there's more than a few of us who would be interested in how this works out. We may someday find ourselves in your shoes!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:16 PM

thanks apkano I was just messing about the running litterally I saw her at the top coming and just pulled over before her lights came on and before she even had a chance to spin around.

In WIS

double the posted speed limit and NOT STOPING ASAP is intent to flee, its a gross misdomeaner with a fine up to $3000, mandatory 30 day suspension, possible 10 days in jail and possibly take the car

Old 10-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Re: SPEEDING TICKET help !!!

Oooooooh, the temptation to run knowing you CAN out run the cop car. But it's their little equalizer, radio, that will get you.
How about it forum police officers, what can he/we do in asituation like this?
I make it a point to hit 100mph each day going to work. Just something I do. Someday it's gonna catch up to me.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was doing 165 in a 55 in my vette. Saw the blue lights pulled over. The cop asked me why I stopped..told him the truth I had less than a gallon of gas left. I was preparing to be arrested but got a failure to obey a posted regulation....$15 fine. He had the exact same car andit was 2:30am and I gave him no doo doo. My lucky nite. Running is always a stupid idea.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Forum Regular

Check this out...it seems to be geared toward California regs, but has some strategies that may be helpful.

http://www.helpigotaticket.com/sitemap.html

Good luck!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I don't know if Minnesota has the same laws or rights as California but I have a method that's 99% percent sure of dismissal. I beat two tickets in my crossfire this year using this method.

First - I never EVER say a thing when I'm pulled over - "do you know how fast you were going" - I was doing "speed limit" officer - I looked down at my speedometer and it said XXXMPH .....Nothing more - silence - - no chit chat - nothing to make me stand out to the officer or give them "Extra" notes to take down. Once you say you were speeding - your done...you can't talk your way out of a ticket - only into a conviction. If I have a recorder handy (I usually do for meetings) - I record everything...

We have a system here in CA called "Trial by Written Declaration"

It basically means you avoid going to court - where you never win - the officer always shows (they get 8 hrs. of overtime on their appointed court day and usually only spend 3-4 hours in court) and gets to hear you tell the judge your testimony first and then can say what ever they want to convict you.

Instead - - you write out your side of the story - claiming the cop got the wrong guy on radar - what ever... But here is the catch...

I first wait until my "last day to post bail date" usually 30 days from the ticket date - I then show up at the court house traffic counter and ask for a 30 day extension to come up with the money.... Always granted.

At the end of the 30 day extension I return and ask for a "Trial by Written Declaration" the clerk fills out and prints the paper work and shows me where to write down my testimony and to add extra sheets and diagrams if necessary (and it always is - - I can write a good story and make some killer diagrams) ...and automatically grants me another 30 day extension. On the 30th day I return with my paperwork filled out and pay the bail.... it takes 20 days for the (usually a liberal lawyer who gets to be judge) to get the papers and he then sends a request to the officer for his/her testimony.

By now its been 110 days since I got the ticket - and the Officer goes WTF? - Doesn’t remember me - can't find any notes if he even has any – or figures I spend all day on patrol and now I have to type up a testimony on my time…and just throws the papers in the trash.

When the judge doesn't get a written response - he doesn't even open my envelope and read my testimony - CASE DISMISSED!!

My bail money is mailed to me in 15 days......

** EDIT **

If you are found guilty - you can then request a "trial de Novo" which means you have to go to court and you may get lucky and have a scheduled court date when the officer is on patrol or unavailible - or perhaps convince the judge.

You get several chances to win:
1) the officer does not respond.
2) the officer does but the Judge sides with you
3) You go to court and the Officer does not show
4) you go to court and sway the Judge

Last edited by BrianBrave; 10-31-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:19 PM

Here in Ontario, 50 KMPH(30 MPH) over the posted speed limit will get you instant roadside car seizure, 30 day suspension and up to a $10,000 fine. It's classified as street racing, even if your alone on the road. This law was passed at the beginning of summer of 08, to date there have been over 3600 infractions. Good luck, Johnny.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelospinner
Here in Ontario, 50 KMPH(30 MPH) over the posted speed limit will get you instant roadside car seizure, 30 day suspension and up to a $10,000 fine. It's classified as street racing, even if your alone on the road. This law was passed at the beginning of summer of 08, to date there have been over 3600 infractions. Good luck, Johnny.
WOW!
At least you weren't arrested Johnny! Good luck!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:06 AM

haha , my madres a cop. tickets.. dont happen to me :].

Old 11-01-2008, 05:16 AM

Beanboy,
My father was a cop too.Although there are perks to the situation,there can be even worst consequences in event you do get a ticket( from an officer out of your moms district or different dept of enforcement)
My brother got stopped for a routine traffic violation ( 17 yrs old) got a ticket from a state patrol,went to court(had to because of his age) and the Judge said to him that "your a cops son-you should know better" gave him the maximum fines and penilties.I think it cost him $500,lost his licence for 90 days for rolling a stop sign.
So you better hope mommy or her close officer friends follow you around to watch over you because sometimes Judges tend to not look at the situation quite like you do.Good luck and be safe.-----------------------Dave

Old 11-01-2008, 08:55 AM

haha i know the situation all to well. my mam doesnt work in my city.my first ticket i was going 76 on the freeway. 400 $ and took my license away.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I don't know if Minnesota has the same laws or rights as California but I have a method that's 99% percent sure of dismissal. I beat two tickets in my crossfire this year using this method.

GReat Brian thank you guess I will have to do some more research. I drove the road last night no posted speed limits. I think my mouth got me in trouble on this one hopefully she takes lousy notes WHICH THEY NEVER DO

Old 11-01-2008, 10:12 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by Beanboy429
haha i know the situation all to well. my mam doesnt work in my city.my first ticket i was going 76 on the freeway. 400 $ and took my license away.
76mph on a California Freeway and you'll get pulled over and given a stern warning to speed up and try to keep pace with the flow-of-traffic!

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
GReat Brian thank you guess I will have to do some more research. I drove the road last night no posted speed limits. I think my mouth got me in trouble on this one hopefully she takes lousy notes WHICH THEY NEVER DO
Good Luck!!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: SPEEDING TICKET help !!!

Consult an attorney that has traffic law experience and retain him if need be, go to court and hope for the best. Were you caught on Laser or Radar, also checking here with a State Trooper friend.....Female Officers show up in court more often than Male Officers. Good Luck!!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:01 AM

haha seriosly. this was before the crossfire. this was my 07 bottom of the line caliber 140 hp baby.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
tal

100% get a decent lawyer.

Quick Reply: SPEEDING TICKET help !!!