General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Why I smoke...

Old 12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why I smoke...

because I'm putting my wife's 9' artifical Christmas tree together and am missing 6 short branches that go towards the top and I have 6 branches left over that are way longer and can't figure out where I went wrong.....that's why I smoke!

PS...been working on this project going on 4 hours now. I'm done........till the wife gets home!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 517 Likes on 357 Posts
Default Re: Why I smoke...........

You must be putting up a old artificial tree ??
The newer ones now have branches that are on hinges and just drop down to open.
I remember a old one my folks had where the branches had to be inserted into the pole.
Pain In The ****

Now the next thing is ..DO ALL THE LIGHTS WORK ???

HO HO HO Merry Christmas

Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

three suggestions ...

1. cut most of the upper portion off ... leave enough to put a tree-topper in place ... trim the upper brances so that they look proportional.
2. forget the left over and missing branches ...
3. enjoy your cigar ...

Last edited by SteveS; 12-04-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Forum Regular

Just put that part where anyone can't see it.
or
If she doesent like it, let her fix it. (women always do every thing better then men)
Thats what I here all the time..
Good luck dude.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM

Its the old fashioned style.....insert one by one, but don't forget to spread out each little twig on each little branch so it looks real......yes dear! figured it out. I was one row off. Had to disassemle and move everything up one row. M is at the bottem, then next row up is L, then K, well there is no row J, but two rows of K. And some of the letter markers are missing from some of the branches. Don't ask, but for some reason I have one "M" left over, but every branch in the buttom row has an "M"on it. She happy and I'm done. She put's the lights on and decorates it. I did my part!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I hope you're at least getting to enjoy a nice Rocky Patel, or Cohiba for your efforts. I got nominated by the hot neighbor lady to help lift her tree into place two nights ago. Then I was asked to stay and help "poof" the branches. That, of course, turned into "wanna help decorate?" which led to... haha ... and ultimately a nice celebratory Cohiba.

Dang I love the holidays.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I hope you're at least getting to enjoy a nice Rocky Patel, or Cohiba for your efforts.
A domestic Cohiba or ? ... actually, you live within a half-hour of the HQ of a cigar company whose products are vastly superior to the two you mention ... though I suspect that my come as a real surprise to you ...

Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Putting up the tree.
Isn't that what kids are for??

Old 12-04-2008, 07:56 PM

Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real.....churchill size, I think. Only smoke 6-7 inch, rg 46-50. Hey, I'm on the wrong fourm. I'm also on Club Stogie.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:03 PM

Oh lucky me.........I get to go to the candle outlet a week from Saturday for their once a year clearence sell..........have to leave like 6am.........on a Saturday morning! It's always a big fight...........I always say I'm not going.......but always end up going. Nothing like standing in a huge line waiting for the doors to open. And it's in beautiful downtown LA. Sh**! 200+ women and like 4-5 dudes!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by SteveS
A domestic Cohiba or ? ... actually, you live within a half-hour of the HQ of a cigar company whose products are vastly superior to the two you mention ... though I suspect that my come as a real surprise to you ...
Domestic Cohibas...

As for the "local" brand... I smoke SEVERAL products from C.A.O. on a VERY regular basis

It's a bit stout for most folks, but I absolutely love the Brazilia. Fantastic boldness and aroma. Of course the Mx2 is an ****-whooper as well but a bit much for an everyday smoke. Cameroon is another yummy one from them. I agree with you... can't really go wrong with 'em

Old 12-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by GB'sXFire
Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real.....churchill size, I think. Only smoke 6-7 inch, rg 46-50. Hey, I'm on the wrong fourm. I'm also on Club Stogie.
A cigar forum is something I truly must join sometime soon... CS a good one?

And the Romeo is a great smoke. Churchills are great but I normally stick to the Torpedos and Robustos... nice fat 50+ ring gauge but roughly 6" long so it won't klill half the evening.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Putting up the tree.
Isn't that what kids are for??
Until the hot neighbor lady needs help.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 PM

A cigar forum is something I truly must join sometime soon... CS a good one?

And the Romeo is a great smoke. Churchills are great but I normally stick to the Torpedos and Robustos... nice fat 50+ ring gauge but roughly 6" long so it won't klill half the evening.
I just got back into ciagrs after many years away from the scene. I joined CS only about 2/3 weeks ago. Ordered a humidor from Thompson's, cigars from CI, and SteveS turned me on to CBid. Thanks Steve...my wife saw a BB message that I had one several bids on CBid. She wasn't happy. Going off on me about "why don't you just light uo a 100 dollar bill and watch it go up in smoke".

Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Forum Regular

...SteveS turned me on to CBid. Thanks Steve...my wife saw a BB message that I had one several bids on CBid. She wasn't happy. Going off on me about "why don't you just light uo a 100 dollar bill and watch it go up in smoke".
LOL ... I told you that in the end you might not bless my name for giving you that information ... I take it I'm already on MrsBs' s*** list ... their forum is pretty much the only one I hang around with any regularity any more ... I'm registered to pretty much all of them, but one can't be everywhere .... I've been there for almost 8 years now and it just feels like home ... plus, they get most of my cigar budget so it's one stop shopping ...

Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM

Some famous dude (can't remember the name) was asked to define happiness:

"Happiness", he replied, "is a great cigar and a good woman. Or simply a great cigar -- it depends on how much happiness one can handle"

I think it's pretty on-point.

Steve/GB, I do all of my ordering through Thompson, but they've been pissing me off lately in their refusal to sell Oliva Serie V cigars in anything greater than a 5-pack.

I think I'll have to branch out and give CI some bidness.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Forum Regular

I think I'll have to branch out and give CI some bidness.
Graucho Marx was the source of that quote ...

and I've sent you an IM regarding CI ... send an email if you want more info

Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Thumbs up Re: Why I smoke...........

That info will help greatly. Thanks again for the links.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Oh lucky me.........I get to go to the candle outlet a week from Saturday for their once a year clearence sell..........have to leave like 6am.........on a Saturday morning! It's always a big fight...........I always say I'm not going.......but always end up going. Nothing like standing in a huge line waiting for the doors to open. And it's in beautiful downtown LA. Sh**! 200+ women and like 4-5 dudes!

A Candle outlet????? OMFG!!!

If I had to get up that early to go to a CANDLE OUTLET, I'd be smoking something..........and it wouldn't be a cigar!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Forum Regular

Oh lucky me.........I get to go to the candle outlet a week from Saturday for their once a year clearence sell..........have to leave like 6am.........on a Saturday morning! It's always a big fight...........I always say I'm not going.......but always end up going. Nothing like standing in a huge line waiting for the doors to open. And it's in beautiful downtown LA. Sh**
If MrsS were going, I'd be stuck with chauffeur duty too, but she wouldn't necessarily expect I'd be standing on line waiting for the doors to open ... I'd drop her off, find a spot to park away from the mob, then kick back with the newspaper and a cigar until she called on the cell phone to say she was in line at the check stand ...

Here's a thought ... depending on how much time MrsB is going to be in the store, you and I could maybe even hook up for that cigar ... MrsS and I will be at LAX that afternoon and will have a layover from 4-6pm ...