Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT-6 Roadster from OH, now in IN

Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-6 Roadster from OH, now in IN

Greetings everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and see if there are any other SRT owners in the area. My brother just picked up a black SRT-6 roadster from Ricart Automall in Ohio and drove it back to live in its new hometown of Indianapolis! That makes 2 SRT-4 Neons and the SRT-6 in the driveway now, although his old one is being torn apart or sold as it was totaled a few weeks ago by a teenage girl not paying attention and wanting to stop at a red light.

Anyway, not sure what the rule is for posting links so please let me know if I am overstepping my boundaries. We have an owner's club for all SRT vehicles for Indiana and I just wanted to welcome you guys to check it out. We have meets, shows, cookouts, dyno days, track days, etc. throughout the year. Our website is www.indianasrt.com. We actually have a meet coming up next weekend at BW3s in Castleton on the NE side of Indy for wings and UFC.

Here is a quick picture I snapped of his new ride right after he brought it home. It is a 2005 with 30k miles on it and he already has a sunburn. LOL
IMG00570.jpg

Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Default Re: SRT-6 Roadster from OH, now in IN

Very Cool I kinda went back and forth on Roaadster vs Coupe but since there are already a few 'verts in the garage, I went with the extra stiffness a roof provides

Mike

Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nosneon
Greetings everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and see if there are any other SRT owners in the area. My brother just picked up a black SRT-6 roadster from Ricart Automall in Ohio and drove it back to live in its new hometown of Indianapolis! That makes 2 SRT-4 Neons and the SRT-6 in the driveway now, although his old one is being torn apart or sold as it was totaled a few weeks ago by a teenage girl not paying attention and wanting to stop at a red light.

Anyway, not sure what the rule is for posting links so please let me know if I am overstepping my boundaries. We have an owner's club for all SRT vehicles for Indiana and I just wanted to welcome you guys to check it out. We have meets, shows, cookouts, dyno days, track days, etc. throughout the year. Our website is www.indianasrt.com. We actually have a meet coming up next weekend at BW3s in Castleton on the NE side of Indy for wings and UFC.

Here is a quick picture I snapped of his new ride right after he brought it home. It is a 2005 with 30k miles on it and he already has a sunburn. LOL
No rules enjoy the site. Everything you could ask for and more.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to you both nosneon and mrsix. Congrats on your new additions. Let the love affair begin!

Old 05-24-2010, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the good words. The smile on my face hasn't gone away since I picked it up yesterday although the sunburn is starting to hurt. Any suggestions as to first few mods to do, it needs a bit more power since I am used to a big turbo SRT-4. Was thinking intake, pulley and a tune. Any other mods needed before I go that route?

Thanks for the help and hope we see some of you local guys at the ISOC meets.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT4man
Thanks for the good words. The smile on my face hasn't gone away since I picked it up yesterday although the sunburn is starting to hurt. Any suggestions as to first few mods to do, it needs a bit more power since I am used to a big turbo SRT-4. Was thinking intake, pulley and a tune. Any other mods needed before I go that route?

Thanks for the help and hope we see some of you local guys at the ISOC meets.
Give me directions and I will show how your black srt6 will look modded...lol

Old 05-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

welcome and congrats on the new ride!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Received 538 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
NOSNEON, Don't get messed up with Doc Holiday. He will take your land speeder to the dark side

WHOOOOOOAAAAHHH!!!!!!

roadster with a stick

Congrats on your new excellent ride.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Doc, we are up on the NE side in Fishers. I think I read about you trying to get a GTG put together and meet at Kahlo. We are like 2 miles south of there. Like NOSNEON posted there will be a SRT meet this saturday at buffalo wild wings in castleton although it will be mostly SRT-4s but the 2 of us could show them what a real car is . I can warn you about the ones not to mess with, those 450+ hp neons are beasts.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by SRT4man
Doc, we are up on the NE side in Fishers. I think I read about you trying to get a GTG put together and meet at Kahlo. We are like 2 miles south of there. Like NOSNEON posted there will be a SRT meet this saturday at buffalo wild wings in castleton although it will be mostly SRT-4s but the 2 of us could show them what a real car is . I can warn you about the ones not to mess with, those 450+ hp neons are beasts.
Keep us posted, I am in Indy too (just moved from Carmel to Indianapolis) and would love to get together. Doc is right, he can show you how to make it go fast, but I can offer an idea or two for the looks of the car....

I have no SRT (no manual, no go) but the little black XF seems to fit in anywhere she goes with car lovers

Congrats on the purchase, that is a rare bird....

Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 PM

Boiler, you should come out as well. We always meet at 8 to get some food and then watch UFC at 10. If you guys are going to make it though I will have people show up at 7 so we can check out everybody's cars if you have time. Here is the address:

Phone: 317-577-2999
8440 Castleton Corner Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46250-3579

Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM

Boiler, you should come out as well. We always meet at 8 to get some food and then watch UFC at 10. If you guys are going to make it though I will have people show up at 7 so we can check out everybody's cars if you have time. Here is the address:

Phone: 317-577-2999
8440 Castleton Corner Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46250-3579
7:00 would be better for me, as I have to be at work in Noblesville no later than 8:30....but, warn your posse....I will have to be in uniform....lol.....

Well, for the first meeting, I think I will leave the guns at home...I got someone to cover for me...so, I have the night off...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 05-25-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 AM

Going to be at the lakehouse this weekend, so it is a no go for me, but I would love to come out another time for sure.

Don't let Doc scare you (unless you are in the passenger seat at 140 like I was LOL)

Old 05-28-2010, 10:57 PM

Boiler, I spotted you today on 116th St by Keystone Ave around lunch time today. I was in the work vehicle so I didn't want to show you the power of the Scion xB.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:58 PM

Boiler, I spotted you today on 116th St by Keystone Ave around lunch time today. I was in the work vehicle so I didn't want to show you the power of the Scion xB.
you can't miss Johnny in that black beauty....lol

Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 AM

LOL, it is easy to spot, expecially when you have an eye for the XF

I am on that route everyday on the way to my office, if you see me, wave, it may take me some time to register that it is you tho LOL

Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Nosneon is pretty easy to spot also...He is the red SRT-4 with gold wheels sounding like a dump truck and probably hitting the blow off valve on you.