Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Need help!!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help!!

Good Morning all, I recently had the battery replaced on my crossfire, and since then the airbag light on the driver console stays on... I have checked all the connections under the seats, but no joy. I believe I may need a reset, but I really dont want to pay through the nose. Does anyone have any tricks, or know any reputable garages that can plug me in without charging a fortune?? I am in Edinburgh. Thanks for listening!!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help!!

loumcweezyGood Morning all, I recently had the battery replaced on my crossfire, and since then the airbag light on the driver console stays on... I have checked all the connections under the seats, but no joy. I believe I may need a reset, but I really dont want to pay through the nose. Does anyone have any tricks, or know any reputable garages that can plug me in without charging a fortune?? I am in Edinburgh. Thanks for listening!!
Hello, If it's the fault I think it is, I had the same.

Try turning your steering wheel all the way round to the left until it cant go any further and then all the way around to the right until it cannot go any further and then centre it. You should see the light go off.

If this doesnt work. Un connect the battery, re-connect it and try this again.

Let me know how yo get on!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 AM

I tried this and it went out for about a millisecond then came back on again. But thanks anyway.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by loumcweezy
Good Morning all, I recently had the battery replaced on my crossfire, and since then the airbag light on the driver console stays on... I have checked all the connections under the seats, but no joy. I believe I may need a reset, but I really dont want to pay through the nose. Does anyone have any tricks, or know any reputable garages that can plug me in without charging a fortune?? I am in Edinburgh. Thanks for listening!!
If I recall correctly, the only airbag the light on the console addresses is the passenger bag. There is an on/off switch at the outside end of the dash panel on the passenger side (you have to open the passenger door to access it). Using your ignition key, try turning this switch from off to on to off. This may reset the light to off.