New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Possible new owner from Richmond VA

Old 06-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Possible new owner from Richmond VA

So excited that by the end of today, I should be joining the ranks of XF owners. I've test driven the car, haggled the price and the only step left is to have a mechanic do a once over to make sure it is in as good of condition as I think it is. Don't really expect any surprises but wanted to exhibit due diligence and not just jump into the deal because I have wanted one forever. It's a red 2005 Limited Convertible.

I would love to have some recommendations for a good mechanic shop for the regular maintenance and oil changes.

I also would like a detail shop that could work on touching up the few paint chips on the front from gravel probably and who would detail the car for a reasonable price.

So excited to be here and I'll add some pics tonight after I finally get the car home, knock on wood for no surprises.

So glad this forum exists and has such a wealth of information.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Possible new owner from Richmond VA

Hope everything checks out cause I am looking forward to those pics. I like pics.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xjken
Hope everything checks out cause I am looking forward to those pics. I like pics.
I feel like a teenager again tooling around in my new 2 seater. 25 years ago I had a Mazda RX-7 but the Crossfire is my dream car and so much fun. As promised, here is a pic of my new baby.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

World class beauty! Congrats

Old 06-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Congratulations ! That's my Annie's twin sister.
As to maintenance and detailing, most here learn how and prefer to do it themselves.
You will find it a rewarding experience, YOU are the only person you can depend on to do a good, complete job.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome to the group. When you can pull yourself away from driving her, which I know is hard, spend some time reading here. I will give you an edge if something pops up or just to know what is a normal function or procedure and what could be a potential problem. You ride looks great, what kind of mileage has she got? Manual or auto?