New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New guy

Old 06-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy

I bought a 2004 Crossfire coupe a couple weeks ago. 56K miles. In really nice shape, but needed a little work. Needed a good cleaning. Thanks to this forum I repaired the fog light (the little metal reflector had fallen off). I also replaced a tail light bulb, restored the paint with Quixx (worked great). re-installed some of the rear interior trim panels (the black plastic retainers were missing or badly damaged) and reinstalled the little weather stripping in the door sills (was hanging loose). Still need to replace a cracked front emblem. Glad to be part of the community! A truly unique and beautiful car, happy to own one.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Default Re: New guy

Welcome aboard, Jerry!

You'll find tons of helpful information (I've had mine for about 6 weeks).

Old 06-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

you will find tons of new owners on here as well....welcome to you both..... Glad the old cars are still finding love.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:44 PM

Hey Jerry. I'm Bill . I found and bought my Crossfire an 04, about 18 months ago. It had 52,000 on it. Someone had replaced the factory stereo but otherwise it was kept in garage beacuse i saw no door dings the whole body was smooth. Seeing that i had to snap it up. Ownership is a flippin hasse at times...Chrysler does not know anything about the car not did they care to tell me any tidbits about the car. I had to find a Mercedes Benz Shop ...and they welcomed me. Oil changes and other care are not cheap but once i reserched Information about the car...front to back... I relaxed. Everyone i know hates it and wont drive w/ me for one reason or another...haha...I don't care. Insurance in my home..Las Vegas? Please...Next topic... By the way Good Purchase and welcome to the "club". PS. a positive batt cable ( if and when U need it ) will set U back well over $350.00. yep, just for the part. then it u gotta install it. Thats where I am... it's my next phurchase. Well today's wax day...See ya.... BILL

Old 06-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Received 553 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Allin360
A positive batt cable ( if and when U need it ) will set U back well over $350.00. yep, just for the part. then it u gotta install it. Thats where I am... it's my next purchase. BILL
Welcome to all new owners participating in this thread. Lots of info on this forum for solving problems and locating parts.

Bill - Here's a link to a website where you can get OEM parts well below MSRP pricing. Positive battery cable is listed at $257.00 MSRP; purchase price is $184.80. Many times, the parts counter will contact you to sell you the M-B part (which many times is exactly the same) and the purchase price will be less. Chrysler really marks up parts for these cars!

Later,

Old 06-14-2014, 04:23 PM

I have not found anyone who does not like the car, everyone thinks it is beautiful, but of course no one knows what it is. I would like to know where to get interior paint touch up for the "charcoal/black" color in the interior. My interior parts (windshield pillar, rear hatch panels) are clearly a very light plastic painted black, so every little scratch shows up. Anyone know where to get interior touch up colors? I also did not see any "how to's" on re-installing the weather stripping in the door sills, my was out on both sides. Is it rare to have that come out, is that not the same in all years? I used 2 credit cards to get it back in, use card slid under the stripping to push it behind the lip, and a second to push it down into the grove. Maybe there is a better way, but it worked for me.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, Jerry...I've been in this club for just over a year...let me tell you...you will love it immensely ...Tons of expert advice, good people and the GTG's are a blast... I've had my 2004 since 2004 and really have discovered a little car that can bring all types of good people together... it's a lot of fun...Carl

Remember: Keep on Crossfireing.........

Old 06-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 517 Likes on 357 Posts

Welcome to our new members who contributed to this thread
As you can see we are a bunch of enthusiasts here who like to help
Glad you found us here and be sure to
Search for answers to your concerns before spending your money
There are a lot of things you might find you need that can cost much less than you think

Enjoy your cars

Gary

Old 06-17-2014, 12:31 AM

Welcome Jerry. I as well just picked up my roadster. What color is your car. And it looks like some of us are meeting in Golden on the 29th. Check the CCC club thread. Like the others I am hooked on mine as well.