New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New owner in St. Louis county.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:49 PM
GTW
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New owner in St. Louis county.

Just bought a 2006 Roadster with 22,000 miles after years driving my old Miata. Nice to now own something that's not seen everywhere. It's a black beauty..... always loved that Crossfire styling. The forum looks like a great way to learn more about issues, ask for help or just talk to other XFRs.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New owner in St. Louis county.

Another miata owner comes over. Now mind you I didnt recently sell my 95 m edition but that was my last real sports convertible. Enjoy the car we love our new to us roadster.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome and enjoy the car.. these cars seem to be a fairly common "upgrade" from the Miata

Old 06-18-2014, 10:49 PM
GTW

I can't complain about my Miata. It still runs great and is a quick handling car. It was just time for a change. I was looking for a Crossfire Roadster when I came across a 2004 coupe with under 17,000 miles on Autotrader. We're in St Louis and the car was in Maine. Wife and I were set to make the trip and drive it back. Then suddenly my black 22,000 mile Roadster pops up here in the STL area. I first saw it just before sunset as we met the owners at a halfway point. Clean shiny cars always look their best around sunset. I knew that was it. For anyone interested there may still be a beautiful red coupe for sale in Maine with 16,XXX miles. I came close to owning it.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome gtw. I live in southern IL.
Had a bad experience in st. Louis last friday.
Wife's car got broke into during the day at the city museum ; (
Met another XFire owner near me 2 weeks ago that is from St. Louis that moved when someone tried to steal his XFire.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:14 PM
GTW

Yikes Speedy.....not good! There have been a lot of car break ins this year in Forest Park. Police are patrolling there heavily and it has helped. You were downtown though and during the day? Hate to hear that. Don't give up on STL.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:02 PM

Wow sad and happy stories!
I grew up in St Louis and I was thinking of taking my roadster up next week to see some family in Richmond Heights!

One of you said you were from southern ill, that's were I found my black xfire love it and trying to sell some motorcycles and get another

Old 06-20-2014, 11:42 AM
GTW

Rets.....Good looking car. Same as mine although yours looks like a limited. Been thinking about a replacement grill, I like yours. Is that mesh? It does improve the front end look.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by GTW
Rets.....Good looking car. Same as mine although yours looks like a limited. Been thinking about a replacement grill, I like yours. Is that mesh? It does improve the front end look.
Get with Red Dog he sells them they were specially made for the forum and he will give you a fair price!

Listen to all the veterans they know these cars and do all the preventive maintenance they recommend if you haven't yet
Sticky key
Module solder
Are the top two

Love mine changed it up after I purchased it out of Marion Illinois, it came out of Cape!
Red Dog can run your vin to to give you history, I know you will love it stay out of east saint Louis and enjoy!

Coming up that way next week