New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello all

Old 06-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello all

My name is Jac and I'm a new owner of a splendid crossfire 3.2 and very happy to join your forum. I live in France about 150 kilometers of Paris and this car is only for pleasure. Between country ans sea in the north, I hope to have lot of nice moments in this car and, to be sure, I will share you experience to maintain my car in very good conditions.
Again, happy to join you and my kind regards from France.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hello all

Welcome, sounds pretty much like what I use mine for except I am no where the sea. Did vou pick up a coupe or a roadster? What kind mileage? and which color?

Old 06-17-2014, 06:02 PM

I bought a coupe to a French NISSAN dealer. My car is of 2004 and mileage is 65000 kms. It's like a new car, grey, very clean but a smell of "old" is inside. I saw product to change the atmosphere of air conditioning... after changing the bulbs of headlights next weekend, changing the smell will be my second immediate operation :-)

Old 06-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Welcome Jac,
Glad ya found us here.
Enjoy the drive

Gary

Old 06-17-2014, 06:33 PM

Welcome, Jac!

Old 06-17-2014, 06:33 PM

Hello Jac and welcome. I'm a new guy also but had to post about your car smelling old...
It's not old enough to smell old. You are probably smelling the melted crayon odor that is inherent to all Crossfires. Do a search for it before you waste your time and money trying to eliminate it. I'm used to it now and almost like it
You should replace your cabin filter but the melted crayon odor is there to stay.
Mark

Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 PM

Yup 2nd what marksill says. It is inherent with a type of glue mercedes was using prior to 2009. I as well kind of like it. My old s500 also had the scent. Basically it reminds me of tristar build quality and class. Also just swap the cabin filter and if it so agro get a couple febreeze car dealies they work very nice

Old 06-18-2014, 05:22 PM

Thank you for your answers and suggestions. I ordered a new cabin filter and unmounted the current. Seems relatively clean but I wait the delivery of the new one and hope for a new fresh air without smell...:-))