New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Owner in Scottsdal

Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Owner in Scottsdal

I bought a 2006 Roadster Convertible white, with 37,000 miles on it and am really enjoying it as my weekend car. I just noticed the Check Engine Light coming on in the last few days and want to know how I can investigatge that? I read about different codes but I am not sure how to find the code that the warning is giving me, sorry but I am new and inexperieced. The only work I had done was an oil change about 5 weeks ago (about 300 miles ago). I put the top down the other day and the light was off for awhile but came back on.

The car is kept in the garage and our outside temps here are around 104-108 these days in case that matters.

Thanks.

Lee

Old 06-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Owner in Scottsdal

First of all, Welcome to the best forum anywhere. People here will help, so don't be a stranger. You will learn more here then you probably need right now. The first thing you will learn is not to take it to a dealer for service. Unless of course you have no other recourse.
I am located in Phoenix and get to Scottsdale frequently to visit my daughter, so keep in touch.
As far as your engine light is concerned, take your car to Autozone, and they will put an OBD reader on your car and tell you what codes are coming up. Report back here, and you'll be advised. We have more knowledge here then anywhere. Cheers, Howard
Edit: lets hope the oil change was done right. Who did it, and what oil and filter did they use.