New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New owner in Rockies

Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New owner in Rockies

Hi,

I'm a new owner in Utah. I apologize for the length of this thread, and I don't blame anyone for not reading it all. I used to ride motorcycles, but after about 15 years and two accidents, and the arrival of two grandchildren, I decided to give it up. I thought I would never have the feeling of freedom and being out in the 'stream' again. Then my son bought a Pontiac Solstice and took me for a ride. To my surprise I felt the same things that I loved about riding a motorcycle! It was nimble, out in the wind; it was great. I was hooked; I looked for a convertible of my own, and I found one that I loved - a 2005 Crossfire with 31,XXX miles! Then to top it off I found this forum, with owners that are genuine enthusiasts that KNOW their cars. Contrast that with the folks at Toy********* forum; my last car was a Camry, and their biggest concerns seemed to be what color seat covers to install (so to speak). The Crossfire forum reminds me of the Cummins forums that are out there; I had a 2002 Dodge Cummins powered truck, and I found on those forums genuine enthusiasts who could help with tech. problems. Again, sorry for the length of this post, but I am excited to own my Crossfire and excited to have found such a great forum!

Old 07-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: New owner in Rockies

Welcome to the forum, I hope you still love your new Crossfire as much as you do now when you find out the Camry V6 was faster.
Trust me, it doesn't matter.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't bother me at all (if a v6 Camry is faster)... One interesting thing is that my Crossfire gets about the same mileage as the 4 cyl. Camry did (28-29 mpg so far...). I guess I must drive like the grandpa that I am...

Old 07-09-2014, 09:05 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lumpy63
It doesn't bother me at all (if a v6 Camry is faster)... One interesting thing is that my Crossfire gets about the same mileage as the 4 cyl. Camry did (28-29 mpg so far...). I guess I must drive like the grandpa that I am...
Welcome! A couple mods and your car will be much faster than the Camry. Anyway, these cars are a blast to drive and still draw a ton of admiirers. Enjoy the ride and visit here often. Great info, members and it keeps you up on all things crossfire.

Enjoy the Car.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Rockies rider lumpy!