New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello from West Virginia

Old 08-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from West Virginia

I find myself suddenly in the market fir a new car due to my PT being lost in a fire. I'm trying to make a wise car choice for a daily driver on roads that are not that well maintained. I keep eliminating cars. The Crossfire is one of the few remaining on the list. While my wife would like me to consider a Honda S2000, it seems the Crossfire is a better bang for the buck.

With that said, are there any forum members in Central West Virginia who would let me look at their car and take me for a ride. With the limited production numbers these are much harder to find than more common and more boring convertibles.

Thanks,
Mike
Charleston, WV

Old 08-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Hello from West Virginia

Mike, good talking to you about a crossfire hope someone close to you will chime in and give you a test ride.
Another fast PT owner going to a faster crossfire ,OK ORG, this man needs your advice on a limited and or the srt6. crossfire. jim

Old 08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Forum Regular

Mike, if you had asked just a couple weeks ago, I could have met with you in Clarksburg or around there and took you for a spin. Unfortunately, my SRT went out to pasture.

Good luck with your purchase!

Old 08-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Mike,

I grew up in ohio, and most of my family is located in Charleston, West Virginia. I drive my crossfire daily in Maryland and have taken it home several times to Ohio and West Virginia. As long as you have experience driving a rear wheel drive car in the snow and ice you will be fine. As far as the typical West Virgina road construction I'd say the crossfire will beat you up. The ruts in the roads on I-64 and I-79 are noticed when i drive home. the grooved road that always appears in the summer between Huntington and Charleston on I-64 will make you two hand the steering wheel. Over all id say avoid the pot holes and you will be fine. same as any car really. the car will enjoy eating up those curvy west virginia back roads though. The lack of Benz dealers/service centers in WVA might be a problem. if you are good with a wrench you will be fine.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts

well is anyone in Virginia going to help this guy become a crossfire owner?

there are owners like him, as i did, move from a PT Cruiser to a crossfire.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Mike, right off the bat I have to say your Wife picked a very good car when she suggested the S2000 over the Crossfire. It's faster, (by a second in the 1/4 mile) nearly identical times and speed on the slalom and skidpad. Of course Honda reliability is legend, but then the Crossfire is all Mercedes so take your pick.
Styling is in the eyes of the beholder, but here on "this" forum the Crossfire wins hands down.
Unfortunately, to find a comparable S2000, you will have to pay around 35 to 50% more.
I'm a Honda guy. I haven't been without one since 1984. I checked out the S2000 when they 1st. came out, but I simply did not fit comfortably in it. That being said, I'm glad I didn't, because if I had purchased the S2000 I probably never would have found the Crossfire, and that would have been my loss.
I bought my Crossfire brand new in 2004, and I never drove my Viper GTS again. I hope that helps you make your decision.

Last edited by +fireamx; 08-14-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Mike. Glad you're with us.