New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Greetings Car Nuts - New Member

Old 10-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings Car Nuts - New Member

Greetings Everyone,

I don't have a Crossfire yet but seriously looking at both standard coupes and roadsters and SRT6's. I'm a Modern Mopar Muscle fan (currenlty have RT Hemi Magnum that I never plan on selling) and even though Crossfire is MB, I'm still strongly considering it for a 3rd vehicle. Will probably put about 10K miles per year.

I've driven both an SRT6 coupe and a base model roadster. SRT much more impressive everywhere.

My main question is this:
What would you guys consider to be the maximum mileage to buy one and still expect reliability with putting 10K per year and plan on keeping a minimum of 5 years. I've never owned a MB but the BMW we use to have was expensive to own.

I know the experts are here.

Thanks

Old 10-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Greetings Car Nuts - New Member

Originally Posted by Hemis and Such
Greetings Everyone,

I don't have a Crossfire yet but seriously looking at both standard coupes and roadsters and SRT6's. I'm a Modern Mopar Muscle fan (currenlty have RT Hemi Magnum that I never plan on selling) and even though Crossfire is MB, I'm still strongly considering it for a 3rd vehicle. Will probably put about 10K miles per year.

I've driven both an SRT6 coupe and a base model roadster. SRT much more impressive everywhere.

My main question is this:
What would you guys consider to be the maximum mileage to buy one and still expect reliability with putting 10K per year and plan on keeping a minimum of 5 years. I've never owned a MB but the BMW we use to have was expensive to own.

I know the experts are here.

Thanks
IMHO, 50K or less should afford you at least 5 years of good reliability. I'm sure others will offer some differing opinions as I am not the most knowledgeable member. I only have 47K on my own SRT6. If you can read and are the least bit mechanically inclined,
you will save a bundle by doing your own maintenance and small repair.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular

if mileage doesn't bother you, I feel these cars will deliver several hundred thousand miles of good driving with the usual maintenance. So a high mileage, care for car might be a better deal than a higher priced lower mileage one. If mileage is important, as it is to me, then but the lowest mileage car you can afford. Either way, I'm sure you will have a smile on your face.

Dave

Old 10-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can always make an older car look and feel new again and have fun doing it! :d

Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

anything below 70K and keeping in the 12-14K dollar range for an SRT6 would be a good deal. Go for something not SRT, and you will be much lower. But, being a hemi guy, you will want the SRT6.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:41 AM
Forum Regular

12-14k should find you an SRT-6 roadster with about 70k on the odometer, and be pretty clean. I purchased mine in April '13 with 72k on the clock and have put 12k on it since including several road trips in excess of 1500 miles. Car has been very dependable so far.

Last edited by Thornh; 10-18-2014 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Depends on if you like a auto then defiantly get the srt, me I wanted a stick.
Where do you live at? If there is a srt that is a few hours away, I am sure there is a member that is close that could do a quick walk through and let you know what they think of it before you drive a extended distance.
In the past couple weeks I have seen 2 srt's for sale descent milage for under $10,000 and N/A's around $7,500 not trashed or high milage but clean cars.
In a few months the price of a 04 will drop due to it being over 10 years old and most banks do not give auto loans on vehicles over 10 yrs old. And alot of car lots want to get rid of them before they get that 10 yr mark. For that reason. Over 10 years vechicls not many buyers.