New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello everyone! New Dutch XF-owner here

Old 01-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone! New Dutch XF-owner here

Hello everyone,

My name is Douglass Freriks, living in the Netherlands, and as of december 8th i am a proud owner of my Chrysler Crossfire. It's a black edition, 3.2L 6V manual geared version, and ofcourse black. 73,000km, barely 50k miles on it when i bought it.

In my country, XF's are quite rare. In person i haven't seen any driving around. That's why i decided to get myself an XF. My black edition is as of default manual-geared. 90% of the XFs for sale are automatic, but i'm a young driver and i prefer driving manual. So.. There were pretty much only 3 XF's for sale while i was looking. The seller of one of them was, according to my chrysler dealer, somehow related to scam sales. The other one appeared to have been a damage car in the past. The one i have was the only one avaiable at that time with no fails. So i drove down to the dealer of this car, about 120km (which is a lot for dutch standards), looked at it, test-driven it a bit and bought it.

My first problem i occured was actually a little awkward. The car had been standing at that dealer for 2 months, without moving. The tire pressure dropped to half of recommended during that period. I felt that through the car not steering straight anymore (i only noticed this on the speedway, which i didnt test the car on). So my dealer fixed that for me. As since then, i didn't notice any failures in the past 1,5 month.

A few weeks after purchase, i got some second-hand rims from my dealer, both 18". Quite SRT-lookalike. I will add pictures of my car to the attachments!

As for now, i'm thinking of changing the radio to one with USB. The default one doesn't even have aux, so all i can listen to is the radio stations. The offer in the Netherlands is quite small. There are barely any silver colored radio's and those that are, lack something or are retro styled. So i need to spend some more time looking around for these.

I was also looking to join some special club for XF owners, but there appears to be just one with a website, but no events or contact is being made there. I am willing to snif around on this forum to find some Dutch XF'ers to establish a club, or join an existing one. I would love to be accompanied by more crossfires.

As for the driving experience, it's very nice. I haven't actually tried much dragging yet, because i don't want to waste much of my tires. I did one race with my brother's mazda MX-3 with MX6 engine, tho he didn't get off his spot in first instance and i had some block in shifting to the second gear. It occurs often that when i try to shift to the first or the second, that it's being blocked by something, preventing you from shifting to those gears for a few seconds. Miraculously the blockade dissapears after 3 seconds of trying to push it into the gear. I wonder if this is a common problem or just my problem. As i have a manual-geared, not many will ofc. know this problem, i believe.

Quite a story, but i released everything i had on my heart. I hope we can stay in contact through this forum for a longer time! Dutch folks may always contact me to get together for a meeting

Kind regards,

Douglass

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20141209_104233831[1].jpg (1.11 MB, 21 views)

Last edited by Douglasz; 01-26-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Hello everyone! New Dutch XF-owner here

Welcome to the forum Douglass, those wheels look nice !
Two aftermarket radios you might consider are the Clarion M502 and the Kenwood KMR M312BT.
Either will match the interior pretty close, the Clarion even has a design that somewhat matches the "central spine" aspect of the Crossfire.
HOWEVER! The Clarion does NOT have European tuning, whereas the Kenwood does ( according to crutchfield.com )

Last edited by ala_xfire; 01-27-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Received 368 Likes on 325 Posts

Welcome to the Permagrin Club, enjoy the ride.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:01 PM

Welcome Douglass,
Nice introduction letter. Your car looks great, like the wheels too. Enjoy your car!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:02 AM

Welcome Douglass,

Good to see some fellow dutch folk around here!

Old 04-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

A belated welcome to you, it always amazes me that the Dutch are excellent speakers and writers of the English language. When people is I was in my early teens in England, I had a Dutch Boy Scout stay with our family for a few weeks or so. He was my age and spoke English exceedingly well.
Anyhow, the Black Edition Crossfire was a European only version I believe. I have a German catalog that was advertising it.