Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire vs rivals in UK

Old 02-27-2005, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire vs rivals in UK

I was going out to order a roadster yesterday and after reading the review in the Daily Mail. The review might not have been totally correct but it will have and effect. I looked at the rivals again,( RX8 and 350z).

The reason I did this is becuase I'm worried about the long term future in the UK and how it's going to effect the values.

On the RX8 and 350Z there are no deals on new ones and second hand values are strong. The raodster on the other hand seems weak. I've been offered a new one for £24700 and can get a second hand one for about £22000( Don't laugh in the states at our prices!!!!)

I normally one keep my car for a year or so, so it's important to me, how much it will fall.

Also I drove a new SLK yesterday and even the 200 model is a much, much better car( but not as fast).

So convince me why I should buy. I already feel sorry of those that paid £29k for the car when it came out, in effect they would have lost £10k in 6 months!!!!!

Old 02-27-2005, 05:40 AM
KyleJWink
Default Re: Crossfire vs rivals in UK

nobody is here to convince you of anything, either you want it or you dont. if we tell you to buy it and you are unhappy then you just come to the forum everyday to ***** about how unhappy you are like SOME people in this forum (cough cough bullseye) and nobody wants to hear people bitching, we do that ALL day work. in other words, you decide, dont have us decide for you.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:52 AM

Sorry if I touched a raw nerve KyleJwink, I'm just looking to info on what owners think about the cars long term future and values. If I was in the states and could buy car for toyshop money like you I probably wouldn't be as worried, but $46500(that what the car will cost me ) is alot of money over here.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:59 AM

As much as I like my Crossfire, I'd have to say in your case, I would buy a European car such as the new slk.The Chrysler is a bit too dear in the UK.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Crossfire vs rivals in UK

Buy a SLK if ,

you have a Vagina.

Crossfires are made in Europe by Germans !

Last edited by Dan Root; 02-27-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:29 PM

I didn't last time I looked, but obviously your a big dick!!!!!! (sorry had to say it)

Old 02-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Forum Regular

If I could afford the SLK I would consider it.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Cool Re: Crossfire vs rivals in UK

Originally Posted by cejsmith
Sorry if I touched a raw nerve KyleJwink, I'm just looking to info on what owners think about the cars long term future and values. If I was in the states and could buy car for toyshop money like you I probably wouldn't be as worried, but $46500(that what the car will cost me ) is alot of money over here.

If you're looking for an opinion on long term future and values, go for it. If you really are thinking of keeping for only year or two, don't buy it or any other expensive car for that matter; you lose too much on depreciation. You would be better to buy good used one; BTW, Saldous has one for sale at a good price.

The new price in # seems really high but everything is likely relative to income, etc.

Old 02-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Crossfire vs rivals in UK

[QUOTE=cejsmith]I did last time I looked, [/QUOTE

That's ok you're in the Uk.

It's a know fact(car Mags) even Benz marketed the SLK to people with Vaginas.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mbepic
If you're looking for an opinion on long term future and values, go for it. If you really are thinking of keeping for only year or two, don't buy it or any other expensive car for that matter; you lose too much on depreciation. You would be better to buy good used one; BTW, Saldous has one for sale at a good price.

The new price in # seems really high but everything is likely relative to income, etc.

cejsmith:
The comments by mbepic above is sound advise and I concur!

Old 02-28-2005, 05:48 PM

I suspect that , over time , the Crossfire will have just as high resale value as the SLK it seems to be the perceived Chrysler poor quality syndrome... personally and it is personal, I dont think the new SLK is worth $50k when you can buy a Crossfire for around $28 there is almost no difference in performance ( I question anyone who can notice a few tenths of a second when driving in normal conditions)
The Crossfire is built on the same production line as the Porsche boxster, by Karmann and almost to the same build quality !! sure some of the parts which are virtually all Mercedes, are failing due to some very poor Mercedes quality control of late, but that is going to apply to the SLK too.
The SLK has some nice added features ie phone etc, 7 speed, but not $22k worth
Finally, the Crossfire design is way beyond anything Mercedes could even dream about..frankly, I'm glad they are only meant to sell 20,000 worldwide every year..makes it way more exclusive and enjoyable. - reminds me of the Morgan and its rarity.
and yes it is fun to drive...