Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Startech Contest

Old 03-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Startech Contest

I am now appealing to all those members and participants of the $1,000. Contest held recently to send an email to the following addresses:

TO: info@brabus-usa.com

CC: info@startech.de

StarTech products in North America are handled by the Brabus Group of Companies
out of California.

I would suggest that you ATTENTION: THE MARKETING DIRECTOR--STARTECH PRODUCTS
and simply express your concern about how this contest was held, the resulting negative outcome and most importantly emphasize the negative impact that this whole fiasco may have on the STARTECH BRAND and of course BRABUS.

I am not asking that you do this for me and the fact that I have not seen any prize but
do it for yourself and the principle idea that someone cannot promote a contest on a
public forum, under the name of the STARTECH CROSSFIRE brand and then back away when its time to lawfully conclude the contest and make payment of the prize.

Thanks for all who care enough.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Default Re: Startech Contest

I sent an e-mail to the address listed expressing my dissappointment as well as the fact that the Pa Attorney General may be contacted as to fraud.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's really lame of Mighty to do this whole thing. I just don't understand why he doesn't speak up. I mean maybe something happened and he had to spend the $1000.

I don't really think the contest was affiliated with StarTech.. If I went to a group of my friends and said "heres lotto tickets, in a month I'm going to pick the winner and either give you $100 or a Sony DVD player, you decide", the winner couldn't complain to Sony if I didn't ante up. Anyway thats all we have here, it was a casual contest and I don't think he's obligated to pay, as nobody put any money in for the contest.. It was basically some random person would be getting a free GIFT from an aquaintence. Mighty could choose to cancel the contest at any point and not pay.. Plus there was the whole "Who won the contest" thing for 2 weeks following the drawing, which was plenty of time for him to decide there would be no winner. You might not agree with that decision but since he ran the contest at no cost to anyone, I think he's free to set the rules he wants. I know you'd like the $1000, and you feel that your "owed" it, but simple fact of the matter is you probably have no legal right to that money if Mightyjlr doesn't wish to give it to you.

However I still wish he'd be a man and speak up.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Cool Re: Startech Contest

First, we need to find out if StarTech was behind this contest. You have speculated about that and if they were not behind it, I'm sure they would be interested in hearing about it. If they were behind it, would you not say that was false advertising and I believe that is illegal, at least in my country it is.

We have evolved past the point of the money being the all important goal here; you and everyone else who participated in this contest and had some expectation of possibly being the winner were taken to the cleaners by Mighty and / or Startech. Don't you want to find out who the culprits were?

Old 03-07-2005, 11:17 PM

I sent a message, also. There are two things that are extremely difficult for many people to say: 1) "I don't know", and 2) "I screwed up". It takes a lot of maturity and coming to grips with yourself to sincerely say both. Some people just never get there.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Banned
Talking Re: Startech Contest

I sent them a small package I bought from " oceancontainer "it might get there attention !

Old 03-08-2005, 10:32 AM

I don't know whether to thank you or not Dan; Please no threats other than to remind them that legal action could be taken against them for false advertising in the public media.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Banned

I just poking fun but,i'm sorry there isn't much legal action you could do ! So my option is probably better !

Sorry you and all don't deserve M8thys crap .

Old 03-08-2005, 10:38 AM

Dan, send an email to Brabus and copy Startech Europe. Nothing harmed by that and maybe that one email will be the one that wakes somebody up.

Better still, you are in CA and maybe the telephone call will be toll free; pretend you want to make that big purchase (the StarTech Xfire) but only on one condition; you know what that is. Talk to the marketing director. If you're willing, I will give you the phone #.

For those interested: Brabus North America, 4040 Campus Drive, Newport Beach, CA
Telephone: (949) 797-0177
Fax: (949) 797-9177

If I don't get a response from my crystal clear email, I will be sending a faxed letter.

Last edited by mbepic; 03-08-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

I sent them This,,, Pay MPEBIC the $1,000 !from a concerned Crossfireforum member !

OR send me the k and I'll pass it on !

Oh I forgot don't open the package I sent you ! dispose of in deep water !

Last edited by Dan Root; 03-08-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:11 AM

Am now appealing to all those members and participants of the $1,000. Contest held recently to send an email to the following addresses:

TO: info@brabus-usa.com

CC: info@startech.de

StarTech products in North America are handled by the Brabus Group of Companies
out of California. Brabus North America, 4040 Campus Drive, Newport Beach, CA
Telephone: (949) 797-0177
Fax: (949) 797-9177

I would suggest that you ATTENTION: THE MARKETING DIRECTOR--STARTECH PRODUCTS
and simply express your concern about how this contest was held, the resulting negative outcome and most importantly emphasize the negative impact that this whole fiasco may have on the STARTECH BRAND and of course BRABUS.

I am not asking that you do this for me and the fact that I have not seen any prize but
do it for yourself and the principle idea that someone cannot promote a contest on a
public forum, under the name of the STARTECH CROSSFIRE brand and then back away when its time to lawfully conclude the contest and make payment of the prize.

Thanks for all who care enough.

I have been sending emails to the Advertisers that you see on this forum under "Ad by Google"; I have had one reply where the owner of the company was not too pleased that their company had any association with this forum and the outcome of the contest. They have promised to investigate further.

Thankyou Cindy2;
Thankyou AlvinByars;
Thankyou Dan Root ( I think?);

Last edited by mbepic; 03-09-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:35 AM

Let's give this a break, Julian is not going to make good on the $, if he was going to he would have already done it.

From what we can tell, he didn't pay the winner. If you feel you have legal action, take it up with a lawyer, there are state rules on how contests need to be run. If this contest was not run correctly, you have your state laws to make it right.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:46 PM

Hello to all:

I called Startech, it appears that "Mighty" is acting on his own !...they don't know him nor did they sponsor the contest.

Xfire

Old 03-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfireforum
Hello to all:

I called Startech, it appears that "Mighty" is acting on his own !...they don't know him nor did they sponsor the contest.

Xfire
That's exactly what I said in a previous post... (although I just guessed, didn't call)

It was obvious Startech wasn't actually involved.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xfireforum
Hello to all:

Xfire
dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by cgates
Let's give this a break, Julian is not going to make good on the $, if he was going to he would have already done it.

From what we can tell, he didn't pay the winner. If you feel you have legal action, take it up with a lawyer, there are state rules on how contests need to be run. If this contest was not run correctly, you have your state laws to make it right.

Sorry, never give Julien a break. If you don't want to read about it, then ignore it.

He will probably be shutting down soon anyways.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:41 PM

I called startech and they don't know this "mighty" guy. He is acting on his own... we should all contact him at:Registrant Name:Julian Rinaldi

> Registrant Street1:1097 Westbrook Road
> Registrant City:Bridgewater
> Registrant State/Province:New Jersey
> Registrant Postal Code:08807
>> Registrant Phone:+1.9089173368

Old 03-10-2005, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by NJspeed69
That's exactly what I said in a previous post... (although I just guessed, didn't call)

It was obvious Startech wasn't actually involved.
Why was it obvious Startech wasn't involved; hindsight is 20/20.

I have sent an email to Brabus USA and Startech Europe again but this time apologizing for prior suggestions that they may have been part of this scam. I have also suggested that they may want to take action against Mighty for false and misleading advertising in the public media; I have given them all of Mightys address, telephone and email info.

Last edited by mbepic; 03-10-2005 at 01:07 PM.