Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Seating

Old 03-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Seating

I have a 2005 roadster. I know that seats from a 2004 will interchange, but will seats from a SLK bolt in too? If so, does anyone know what years are a direct replacement? I've been wanting to upgrade for some time now for better comfort on long drives.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Seating

a great chance they would be a direct bolt in. my concern is about the electronics mating up. imo...i bet it would work.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:16 PM

Wow... I love the seats in my '04. I use the heat even here in Florida. The seats envelope me like a glove. I wouldn't THINK of replacing them.

BTW, I was looking at a Lotus Elise in Sarasota this past weekend... SWEET car, but WTF? Have you guys seen the inside of this "racecar"? Swapping the seats on that thing would be the first thing I did. MSRP at $29K, but selling for mid 40's is crazy.

Old 03-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would bet that it works too. However why do you want to put in the SLK seats? Do they look nicer? Are they smaller and give the driver more room? Whats exactly the point?

Old 03-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Cool Re: Crossfire Seating

Originally Posted by battlerock
Wow... I love the seats in my '04. I use the heat even here in Florida. The seats envelope me like a glove. I wouldn't THINK of replacing them.

BTW, I was looking at a Lotus Elise in Sarasota this past weekend... SWEET car, but WTF? Have you guys seen the inside of this "racecar"? Swapping the seats on that thing would be the first thing I did. MSRP at $29K, but selling for mid 40's is crazy.

Did you like to carpet too?

Old 03-22-2005, 05:35 PM

I have to say im 6', 3" and i have yet to find a seat position im comfortable in both day and evening driving, let me explain, one thing I have noticed is that in the morning im taller and my hair slightly touches the roof and I dont get enough lumber support. So i have to screw with the seat. However in the evening driving back from work my head doesnt touch the roof and I can get a seating postion with a little lumberby adjusting the seat, but then come the mornign i have to adjust back. Now what I would like is the seat to drop one more two more inches and have an adjustable lumber support, does the SLK seats have an electronic lumber adjuster?

Old 03-22-2005, 06:57 PM

I have the cheesy cloth interior in my crossfire. I didnt get the limited roadster because they would not come down as much on it as they did on the base model. The only options I really cared about was the seats. The leather crossfire seats could use a little more padding in my opinion so I was wondering if I could switch out for a set of SLK seats that might be a little more plush. What years would interchange? Obviouly not the 2005 SLK because of the new model year, but I have found a couple sets of crossfire seats around they US to the tune of $400.00 a piece. Kind of expensive, but totally worth it over the cloth low back buckets. Jason

Old 03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Forum Regular

Dude, the seats are the same, from the SLK/ to the Crossfires. There is no difference. All our cars are, are the left over 98-04 SLK pieces. Its the only way Mercedes wouldn't loose there *** on building a whole new assembly line for the new SLK series. This just gives them time to slowly faze out there older modles, and still make some money at the same time.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Cool Re: Crossfire Seating

Originally Posted by brittt1
I have to say im 6', 3" and i have yet to find a seat position im comfortable in both day and evening driving, let me explain, one thing I have noticed is that in the morning im taller and my hair slightly touches the roof and I dont get enough lumber support. So i have to screw with the seat. However in the evening driving back from work my head doesnt touch the roof and I can get a seating postion with a little lumberby adjusting the seat, but then come the mornign i have to adjust back. Now what I would like is the seat to drop one more two more inches and have an adjustable lumber support, does the SLK seats have an electronic lumber adjuster?

I can't believe this is for real; I could suggest that you check with a lumberjack but maybe a chiropractor would be better.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:10 PM
xfire embrace
Red face Re: Crossfire Seating

I am 1.71 m, is that equivalent to 6' + ? I am comfy with the original seat as it is with slight adjustment because I don't see much can be done. Tho I can't have any additional comfort or I may have the same problem as you are facing and I drive total 4 hours on off everyday.
Hope someone can help you there.

Update: Sorry my conversion was terrible. Thanks Dan for correcting me. Still no cushy for me.

Last edited by xfire embrace; 03-23-2005 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Talking Re: Crossfire Seating

Have you tried taking your wallet out of your pocket? Could be that by the time you drive home it's pretty empty, and when you start out in the morning you have filled it up?

Mbepic, you're too funny...........lumberjack

Old 03-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Banned

I think you'd be closer to 2 meters to be 6 ft3"

Old 03-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Banned

hey MI you have the thick wallet !

Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 PM

But I'm only 5"4" so I have lots of room for it!
Oh that's right, I have a purse, but that's another problem, where to put that!? Good thing I'm short, I have to have the seat close to the pedals so there is room behind it for my luggage

Old 03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Yeah and your money bag !

Old 03-22-2005, 09:31 PM

Actually I think you are doing pretty well for yourself, these days! It's really awesome of you to buy everybody at the hook-up breakfast and give them a set of emblems! Very generous.
Hope you guys have great weather, but doesn't the song go "it never rains in southern CA"?

Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Smile Re: Crossfire Seating

one advantage to the new SLK (2005) seats is the "Airscarf" heater for temperatures in the cold down to the freezing range. Fortunately in the northwest there are areas that can be cold in the winter without snow or ice. It would be nice to have those seats in the xfire.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by mbepic
I can't believe this is for real; I could suggest that you check with a lumberjack but maybe a chiropractor would be better.
honestly I wasnt joking, check out here:

http://media.nasaexplores.com/lessons/04-002/9-12_2.pdf

IN the morning you are taller its just a fact, so im way more comfortable driving in the evening.

I just need a little more bolster in my lower back and ill be sorted.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:34 PM
xfire embrace

Thanks Dan. I just won't grow any closer and don't want to grow any closer to 2m, I guess because if so I won't just face sitting prob in my xfire, I may have other daily probs.

britt1, I believe the scientific fact of our height or size slight differences in the morning and some in the later of the day. And when you are having that height, slightest variation do have some effect.

All the best yeah.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Banned
Talking Re: Crossfire Seating

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
Actually I think you are doing pretty well for yourself, these days! It's really awesome of you to buy everybody at the hook-up breakfast and give them a set of emblems! Very generous.
Hope you guys have great weather, but doesn't the song go "it never rains in southern CA"?
That's me mister Generosity .

I do accept tips though .

Quick Reply: Crossfire Seating