Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

so we have the new zeitronix dashdaq setup...

Old 02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: so we have the new zeitronix dashdaq setup...

I would think the OBDII can power it. Does it still require an outside power source?

Old 02-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The unit I installed is similar though it does not run out of the OBDII port.

I installed it below the bottom of the windshield to keep the forward view as unobstructed as possible and to keep the unit from distracting other drivers.

More here...

I used a Panavise mount made especially for the Crossfire. It was easy to install behind the edge of the glove box. The glove box still opens just fine though it is close.

I modified the bracket on the monitor to reduce it in size, and reinforce the support for the mount so that it would not wobble about as I drive. It's about as subtle as a nuclear bomb but the info and gauge options more than overcome the form factor. It also supports a rear-view camera...

Last edited by ppro; 02-14-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes the obd2 port powers the dashdaq, the zt2 brain we power ourselves with 12v and ground.

The zeitronix zt-2 is a wideband air fuel ratio meter system, as with most widebands it utilizes the Bosch wideband oxygen sensor. The differences between the zeitronix and other widebands start with the expandability. The zeitronix allows recording of the data by means of a laptop, palm pilot and now the dashdaq onto a 4gig SD memory card. Zeitronix has additional sensors to record boost, egt (exhaust gas temp), ability to tap into rpm and tps and graph them all together like this...
www.needswings.com/run9.jpg
The above graph was on our srt4 neon but since it’s already uploaded it will work for a sample for you guys. There are also add-ons to set alarms per your specified parameters and triggers to turn on/off 12v sources (i.e... turn on power to nitrous when tps>95% or rpm>4000, ect..). The zeitronix can also be displayed on either their LCD screen or their round 2 1/16" gauges both with peak hold features. I feel both the LCD and round gauges will eventually become a victim of the dashdaqs success.
So we have this really cool wideband and recording device to make graphs like that and view while at the track to make any adjustments. then comes along the dashdaq, which is a odb2 scan gauge which can record odb2 parameters, has GTECH like features, will read/clear cel's, play mp3's thru its speakers, optional turn by turn gps, user settable warnings, countless gauge display functions (you can even create your own skins), horsepower, torque and mpg (I haven’t gotten that one figured out yet on the srt6 but I’m working on it). So then zeitronix worked together with dashdaq and created the union of all the zeitronix available data and all the dashdaq odb2 data and we are given the dashdaq that can display up to 26 parameters at a time, record them all and save them on a removable memory card. This is the latest greatest auto info acquisition device that can also be moved to your next odb2 vehicle so it doesn’t need to stay with the srt6 if you ever part with it.

Btw, the zeitronix wideband setup is what we use to help dial in all of the tuning we have setup with inmotion. We record, review and send them the needed adjustments.

Neither the zeitronix nor the dashdaq change any values, they just display and record for information. Well let me clarify that, you can use the zavt to trigger differences but those would need to be setup by the user.

www.zeitronix.com and
www.dashdaq.com

The combo's we have for sale already includes the zeitronix software license ($50) and are ready to rock. The dashdaq will pick up tps, rpm and map (manifold absolute pressure, we do a small software conversion for us to see supercharger boost). This is a great bonus as we no longer need to tap into the rpm and tps lines and do not need to buy the additional zt-2 boost sensor.

As for buying just the dashdaq...
Well sure, it will be very helpful but the package with the zeitronix wideband controller added in for $100 more is a super duper absolute deal and you would kick yourself for getting just the dashdaq and not the zeitronix also as the zeitronix is a $279 product!

Btw, entirely made in the use with the exception of the Bosch wideband o2 sensors which come from Europe.

I’ll get the list of the odb2 parameters the dashdaq picks up in a few minutes for you guys.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 PM

How To Program Obd Map To Run As Boost Gauge Thru Dashdaq:
Device Manager
set blank letter to Rescale Signal Calculator
exit
perameters
input sig = map
multiplyer = MAP
offset sign = -1
constant offset = 14.7
name = type in "boost"
units = psi
precision = 1
exit

this saves everyone roughly $100 in not having to purchase the zeitronix boost sensor in order to display/log boost thru the dashdaq

for fuel pressure sensors, same scenario, use the the constant multiplier instead fo the constant offset

new fuel pressure or oil pressure sensors just released by zeitronix, 0-150psi, normal is 129+s/h, ill get them up on the site tomorrow with the rest of the zeitronix sale prices and discount them a bit.

Last edited by NeedsWings; 03-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:19 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The DashDAQ and the ZT-2 are going in my Crossfire this weekend! I can't wait to play with my new toys.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:17 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey PPRO, what are the items I've circled in red? I've never seen those before.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01835.jpg (142.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 03-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: so we have the new zeitronix dashdaq setup...

OH Yeah, Great:

Just got mine in the mail and that shoots my weekend in the AS$. From the looks of it I need to get a full tank of gas so that I can have it running while I presss all the buttons. This has more features than a John Wayne marathon, guess that is one way to drive slow - by pulling over all the time to select another option or two. And I was going to finish the painting of the front end ............................

Enjoy the Weekend ---burning the candle from the middle and both ends, WOODY

Old 03-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Forum Regular

Reverse thrusters

and

Auto Pilot Disengage

Old 03-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

So Waldig, are you going to put together a tutorial for us? Mine is on order, but being notoriously technoslow I could use all the help I can get in the how to use it department.

Les

Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tom2112
Hey PPRO, what are the items I've circled in red? I've never seen those before.
The black switch on the console next to the shifter is the switch that I installed that enables the use of menu options on the Vehicle Dynamics processor (rather than have to pull the parking brake). There are matching switches on both sides - the other side gives me the capability to turn on my rear view camera without putting the car in reverse. I use it for a rear view mirror when I'm rolling.

The other is an emblem from a wheel center cap that is cover the hole where my harman/kardon Drive + Play control **** was installed before I integrated the iPod control into the head unit.

You can go to my web site on the page linked and click on the picture (or hover) over the items and get links and descriptions

Last edited by ppro; 03-13-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
So Waldig, are you going to put together a tutorial for us? Mine is on order, but being notoriously technoslow I could use all the help I can get in the how to use it department.

Les
already exists...
http://www.dashdaq.com/support/downl...2003-10-09.pdf

Old 03-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Does it display injector pulse width or duty cycle?

Old 03-15-2009, 12:38 PM

it does not pick those up automatically but you could wire it into the user input with some ingenuity

Old 03-15-2009, 06:46 PM

I could design a simple circuit to convert pulsewidth (or duty cycle) to a linear voltage but what to do about displaying the correct units (% etc).

Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM

sure, if you made that we could run it into the zt-2 user input, we could do the rescaling calculator in the dashdaq and add the correct units

Old 03-16-2009, 02:02 PM

Sounds like a neat little project. Let me try to find some free time and get started on a design.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:40 AM

The preliminary design is done. The next step is to build a circuit simulation. there is a small trade space I want to investigate. After that I will build a proof-of-principle prototype, then use that for on-the-car testing/calibration.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 AM

the new software for both the zeitronix and the dashdaq is out, no more messing with the obd2 dashdaq data in excell!

btw, we still have the zeitronix and dashdaqs on sale!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
zt2-32.jpg (101.5 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by NeedsWings; 09-12-2009 at 07:08 PM.