Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

oem base radio issue

Old 03-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oem base radio issue

I did a quick search for stereo TSBs, but didn't see anything...

A few weeks ago, when I started my car I heard a quick ratchety sound, sorta like, clackity clackity clackity clackity...
It happened a few more times since then. It doesn't last very long, maybe 15 sec.

A few days ago, it was cold, and I tried to eject the CD, and it started making that sound, and didn't eject the CD.

It also wouldn't play the CD. When I would select CD, it would continue to play the radio, and display 'STOP'.

Yesterday, it wasn't as cold, but similar story, except it didn't make the sound [if I remember right] but still wouldn't eject or play.

I'm bringing the X to the dealership soon for the valve cover leak, and I'll bring it up, but what I'm afraid of is that they won't be able to duplicate it.

Thanks for any info or help...

dh

Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: oem base radio issue

Your radio is bad, I had the same problem. Sometimes would recognize cds, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes it would eject, sometimes it wouldn't. It seemed to have the most problems when it was hot outside. I got my radio swapped out through the warranty, the new one has been good so far (fingers crossed).

Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: oem base radio issue

I would recommend an upgrade to the aftermarket world. Just that alone will give you more control of the sound, and greatly improve the sound over all. It was the first thing I changed out, I have gotten used to data cdr's, which wouldn't play in my stock unit.