Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Kenwood KDC-BT562U info needed

Old 07-19-2015, 07:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kenwood KMR-D562BT info needed(oops, had wrong number)

Who all has this installed? And can I find pictures of it installed in a crossfire?
Also, I am getting conflicting info on if RDS works on that radio (Radio Data System I think) where you get station info/song/artist from the FM station. Can anyone send me pictures of this feature working if it does? And how close can you get the color to match the factory green dash lights? I REALLY want the Clarion M502 just for how clean it looks in the car, but the Kenwood Marine radios have features I want.

Last edited by pioneer4x4; 07-19-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Kenwood KDC-BT562U info needed

Hi Pioneer 4 x 4 . . . Those are all good questions and I would also like to know the answers. I'm thinking of buying / installing that Kenwood KMR-D562BT in my SSB roadster.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Kenwood KMR-D562BT info needed(oops, had wrong number)

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Who all has this installed? And can I find pictures of it installed in a crossfire?
Also, I am getting conflicting info on if RDS works on that radio (Radio Data System I think) where you get station info/song/artist from the FM station. Can anyone send me pictures of this feature working if it does? And how close can you get the color to match the factory green dash lights? I REALLY want the Clarion M502 just for how clean it looks in the car, but the Kenwood Marine radios have features I want.
Here is the thread on its install, there are pics of it in the dash.
I am not too sure if I can take the mismatch of the trim, which does not lay flush to the dash.
It seems OK but I am tone deaf and really do not listen to music much at all, I still like my old OEM Nav unit.

A picture of my radio showing the mismatch to the dash.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-19-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am not too sure if I can take the mismatch of the trim, which does not lay flush to the dash.
Thanks! As for the fit of the trim, I think it looks better than putting in a black unit. I am considering a black radio, and either using the silver trim and/or painting some of it silver. As affordable as some of these units are, I would almost consider buying a black and a silver and combining parts.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:14 AM

In the last picture of your install, it shows it lit up green. It looks pretty good! What does the words on the display mean? Are they coming from the radio station? (The "ON WARM 98") I am very interested in RDS or actually RDBS in the USA. I read the manual for these radios and see ZERO reference that they have it, but it is mentioned on Kenwood's site.
Crutchfield says the previous model (KMR-D558BT) has it, but it isn't in the manual for that one either.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
In the last picture of your install, it shows it lit up green. It looks pretty good! What does the words on the display mean? Are they coming from the radio station? (The "ON WARM 98") I am very interested in RDS or actually RDBS in the USA. I read the manual for these radios and see ZERO reference that they have it, but it is mentioned on Kenwood's site.
Crutchfield says the previous model (KMR-D558BT) has it, but it isn't in the manual for that one either.
This site says artist and song info when available and that is what I get.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:32 PM

This site says artist and song info when available and that is what I get.
Excellent, thanks for the confirmation. This is looking like the radio I will get unless I come up with something new.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will throw up a couple pictures of mine. I really like the Bluetooth feature, it works great and I even have a dumb phone. It comes "preloaded" with Pandora, I Heart, Sirius, Bluetooth Audio, a auxiliary jack, and a usb port. I just put my music on the small usb in the picture and listen to that. Yes it does show songs and artists on the display. If the song title is too long, it will scroll the title. Matches well on the color of the radio and the green color also. Here is a list of everything you will need adapters and such. You can actually skip the speakers the factory speakers sound great. Only bad thing is the display is really hard to see in the sun.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mr-d562bt.html

DSC03644_zps2xsdzcl4.jpg

DSC02880_zpsg2cx2m2i.jpg

Last edited by Travish; 07-19-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Travish
I will throw up a couple pictures of mine. I really like the Bluetooth feature, it works great and I even have a dumb phone. It comes "preloaded" with Pandora, I Heart, Sirius, Bluetooth Audio, a auxiliary jack, and a usb port. I just put my music on the small usb in the picture and listen to that. Yes it does show songs and artists on the display. If the song title is too long, it will scroll the title. Matches well on the color of the radio and the green color also. Here is a list of everything you will need adapters and such. You can actually skip the speakers the factory speakers sound great. Only bad thing is the display is really hard to see in the sun.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mr-d562bt.html

I was mainly concerned about info on FM stations. Thanks for the additional information and pictures.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:44 PM

Thanks all,

I just ordered my radio (Kenwood KMR-D562BT ), and I ordered both metra wiring kits(Metra 70-1784, and Metra 70-1786), the one with all wires, and the one with RCA so I can try different ways of wiring it to the factory amp.
Both kits, removal tools, antenna adapter, and radio came under $150, all via Amazon. Of course, everything will be here Tuesday EXCEPT the tool to take out my factory radio.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Others have answered, but I will add/ reiterate the info:

Yes RDS
Yes the color is fully adjustable to get the green very close to factory.
Bezel fit can be adjusted a little better by shimming the back up to get the top trim more flush. I just left mine alone as it is close enough for me.
Skip the RCA harness unless you are doing fancy things with a new amp and multiple speakers.
Love the BT for phone calls. Use direct wire USB for playing music as the quality will be better than music over BT from the phone.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:46 PM

I also just ordered this micro thumb drive for $8.50 shipped/tax and might try Kenwood's music software for kicks.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 16GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-016G-B35: Electronics Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 16GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-016G-B35: Electronics
I figure I can leave it in the radio and ignore it. I was slightly upset about buying the radio this morning, I didn't think to check if it had rear USB, I just wrongly assumed it did.
My previous cars, I ran the USB cable to glove box, or console for iPod instead of hanging out the dash. I "may" open it up and move the USB to the rear for that purpose.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:35 PM

It came today and I installed it pretty much as others have. I have not broken out the rear subs on their own yet, I wanted instant gratification.
One note, that radio looks like it is tilting back, and mine is the same. It has noting to do with shimming up. it fits perfect wit the frame snapping in. The issue is, the actual trim on the radio is sloped and thinner at the top, so it looks tilted. You can swap the trim around and make it closer to flush on the top, then then bottom is actually worse. PLUS, you cannot get the face plate to eject well when the trim is reversed. This might be a "feature" of the marine deck, if so, I don't like it, and might rather have a car deck, then paint the trim silver. The radio works great, and looks ok enough, but finish isn't all that great, but ok. It is a huge improvement over the factory one in features for the money, but not the perfect solution. I still need to route the mic for phone usage, I tested the Bluetooth audio from my phone and no issues, and the built in color yellow green is pretty close for the lights. As for the 2 different harness adapters I got, both Metra, the one with rca jacks, had red and yellow matching factory plug, and the one with just bare leads had them reversed. I left them as is, and just matched up wires by function, not color, so I didn't loosen a power connection.
Does anyone have spare pins/wires for the factory side? I may add in the rear sub wiring to the factory plug, so if I ever swap it again, it will all be in the factory wiring. There is 4 empty slots for pins in the factory harness.