Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Setting Clock on Nav Radio and GPS Questions

Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting Clock on Nav Radio and GPS Questions

I finally had time to sit and mess with the radio. I see there is supposed to be a clock, but it says No Time Info, but I don't know how to set it. There are no buttons, I read that the GPS is supposed to set according to UTC, but it isn't. Is there a way to do it manually?

I also read there is supposed to be a direction indicator for North, but there is none. It does say GPS Ok and when I hit NAV it says insert navigation disc, which I don't have and didn't see a need to dload it and burn. Do I need that disc just to set time and get the direction indicator working?

Thanks

Last edited by cobray; 05-13-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Setting Clock on Nav Radio and GPS Questions

Originally Posted by cobray
I finally had time to sit and mess with the radio. I see there is supposed to be a clock, but it says No Time Info, but I don't know how to set it. There are no buttons, I read that the GPS is supposed to set according to UTC, but it isn't. Is there a way to do it manually?

I also read there is supposed to be a direction indicator for North, but there is none. It does say GPS Ok and when I hit NAV it says insert navigation disc, which I don't have and didn't see a need to dload it and burn. Do I need that disc just to set time and get the direction indicator working?

Thanks
The radio would need to know where it is relative to the satellites signals so the CD is required to be used so the radio can know determine where the North is. I do not think there is anything else on these cars which has the ability to know the direction North unlike some other cars.
I'll look at the navigation manual to see about the clock, do you have the nav manual?

Old 05-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Setting Clock on Nav Radio and GPS Questions

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The radio would need to know where it is relative to the satellites signals so the CD is required to be used so the radio can know determine where the North is. I do not think there is anything else on these cars which has the ability to know the direction North unlike some other cars.
I'll look at the navigation manual to see about the clock, do you have the nav manual?
Hi 180,

I do have the nav manual. It says there was a multifunction key, but I did not see one. I am guessing I need the cd's to get everything working since the N marker needs it. Going to burn and find out.

Cheers