-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

If you don't want to join the XFi Club

Old 12-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: If you don't want to join the XFi Club

Folks - nobody is pushing anything on anybody. Photoman I thought we were square? If you have some specific issues please bring them on, don't cop someone else's post. If you have more questions and concerns please, lets have them.
Pat

Old 12-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks FP, how about this proposal?

Open up your forums over at CICCI, not to registration, but to viewing. Members should only use the forum when it comes to issues regarding the club itself. Every thing relating to the car: mods, detailing, service, etc, will stay here at this forum. By doing this, you are respecting this community and keeping it alive, but with a failsafe: If and when this forum dies, you guys still have that venue of communication over at CICCI forums!

I guess there's the issue that when this forum dies, all information regarding tsb's, modifications, etc, will die as well... I don't know what to do when it comes to this. Any ideas?

What exactly are the chances of this forum dying?

Old 12-24-2008, 11:10 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by breezytrees
Thanks FP, how about this proposal?

Open up your forums over at CICCI, not to registration, but to viewing. I guess there's the issue that when this forum dies, all information regarding tsb's, modifications, etc, will die as well...
We do plan to open it up to visitors for viewing only.........

Also we are collecting much of the information you are concerned about losing.

Guys, I love this forum and don't want it to go away. Again, CICCI is NOT a replacement for this forum. I know I'm repeating myself, bu the same questions keep coming up.

You think I want to lose all the pics of my GFs?

Last edited by FP; 12-24-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by patpur
Folks - nobody is pushing anything on anybody. Photoman I thought we were square? If you have some specific issues please bring them on, don't cop someone else's post. If you have more questions and concerns please, lets have them.
Pat
Lol, I thought this was a thread for people to comment on why they did not want to join "the club"? That is exactly what I did, someone posted what they felt and I just happen to share the same opinion as he does. I am sorry if that offends the club members but that is my opinion. I am sure it will have no detrimental effect on your club. I think all the posts and threads all over this forum directing others to join the other form remind me a little of SRT6 Dan and his constant huge blue font posts trying to sell things lol. I am just not interested in joining a club, paying a fee, getting a few stickers, etc that I will never use and going onto a forum with no content (unless you "borrowed"/copied content from here and posted it over there) and a small group of members that so happen to be from this site.

I am in no way attacking the club, just stating my opinion on it as the thread title requested. If you guys only wanted positive posts then you should have changed the thread title to state that. Again, I am just not interested at all to join. Will I ever change my mind? Who knows, anything is possible but I doubt it. I just think it is a little dirty posting all over this forum to get people to join another forum regardless of the circumstances.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by FP
We do plan to open it up to visitors for viewing only.........

Also we are collecting much of the information you are concerned about losing.
Is the owner of this site a member or owner of the car club forum? Isn't the content of this site the property of the site owners and did he give anyone permission to copy the content from here to use for another site? I am not complaining, just curious.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
FP

We are doing everything we can to contact Mightyjlr to address the issues you raise. I welcome your objective question, and completely understand and respect your opinion. That's why I started this thread.

The founders and Charter members all have come from this forum, and we started discussing the club from this forum. I can also understand how you feel about us recruiting from here, but we continue to get application from here daily, and hopefully we will continue with the regular memberships in February. Many members have contacted us letting us know they will join as regular members. If it bothers you too much, please ignore the posts.

Thanks,

Last edited by FP; 12-24-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by FP
We are doing everything we can to contact Mightyjlr to address the issues you raise. I welcome your objective question, and completely understand and respect your opinion. That's why I started this thread.

The founders and Charter members all have come from this forum, and we started discussing the club from this forum. I can also understand how you feel about us recruiting from here, but we continue to get application from here daily, and hopefully we will continue with the regular memberships in February. Many members have contacted us letting us know they will join as regular members. If it bothers you too much, please ignore the posts.

Thanks,
Nothing on the net bothers me to the point it upsets me, lol. I was just making a comment about the situation.

As for the concern of the data on this site, as long as regular backups are made there should be no issues of lost information if the site should ever crash.

I am a forum owner myself and I know the hard work, expense and issues that can arise from building a web forum. Maybe that is why I am acting a little "protective" for this site since I know how it is when someone/members do what I feel is "stealing" from a forum to build their own. I just see that as dishonest, disrespectful and unethical. Again, maybe I am wrong maybe I am right. That is for everyone else to form their own opinion on how they feel about the situation.

I mean no offense to anyone, just stating my opinion about it.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Staying with the question asked:

I enjoy this forum. I have attended a couple of GTG. There is more than enough info on the Crossfire available on this site..
Plain and simple I have recieved more from and enjoy this forum (& the Crossfire) than I expected, I just do not need to be a member of a "car club". Completely satisfied with the offerings here.

Last edited by 70GT6; 12-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular

I am wondering how many people will want to jump back and forth between two sites. There is a ton of great information here and it may appear that even though it has been said it should not take away from this site, I am not sure how you would do that long term.

Steve

Last edited by SRT-6 Steve; 12-24-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular

We'll I did email the club asking for more info about a week and a half ago but i never got a response.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Gee....didn't mean to mess with the hornet's nest. From simply posting my opinion I got accused of saying it was out of control (which I never did) to printing and selling stickers (which I've never done) to being told to post my comments someplace else. The elite comment was a razz (hence the razz smilie) as most all of you know me better than that.

But what this did was emphasize just how vigorously this thing is being pushed (and thus, the basis of my comments). Enthusiasm is a wonderful thing and just what is needed to get CICCI up and running........but can you guys tone it down just a little???

It does bother me that you come along and start this thing and all of a sudden my "XFi Member" designation disappears. It might not have been much, but it is what got it all started. I will remove the sticker from by car, but it will take a heck of a lot to get me to put CICCI on it after this.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Forum Regular

I'd like to offer an opinion ... as someone who is relatively new to thiis forum but a veteran Crossfire owner, let me first say that I too find this site to be an extremely valuable source of information regarding my car as well as a marvelous source of inspiration as to what is possible to enhance my enjoyment of it ... it is my very first experience with such a forum and I cannot speak too highly of how much I've come to enjoy it ...

That said, it is NOT my first experience with a users group forum ... I've participated in several, one of which DID go dark unexpecedly ... and, while the reasons that happened were entirely different than those which could conceiveably cause THIS site to go dark, there was a great sense of disconnect and loss that resulted ... not only did we lose contact with people who had become friends, we lost the source of highly valuable information ...

THAT is precisely why I chose to join CICCI ... I most certainly am not 'elite' in any sense of the word and have not been here long enough to be considered in that light by anyone ... I joined CICCI in order to insure myself that I would NOT experience a similar loss if this site WERE to go dark ... yes, I COULD lose many contacts that are of great potential value to me should that happen, but I will not lose ALL ... and, quite frankly, that is worth a great deal to me ...

In a nutshell, I view the new group much as I do my insurance policy ... I don't necessarliy EXPECT problems, but am realistic enough to know that they are possible and I want to have an assurance that if something DOES happen, my loss will be mitigated ...

I have continued to participate here and will continue to do so ... whatever degree of value CICCI will come to have for me will not diminish the value this site has and will continue to have for as long as it continues to exist ... which, given my age, could conceiveably be longer than I will continue to exist ...

Last edited by SteveS; 12-24-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

[I]
Originally Posted by danimal[/I

It does bother me that you come along and start this thing and all of a sudden my "XFi Member" designation disappears. It might not have been much, but it is what got it all started. I will remove the sticker from by car, but it will take a heck of a lot to get me to put CICCI on it after this.

I'm with you here. I was kinda proud of the XFI thing.
Now, I'm just a senior member.

I was a senior before I joinded.

roadster with a stick

Old 12-24-2008, 03:30 PM

How about an example, how many Crossfire owners have we spoken to on the streets inform them of our local clubs only to never see or hear from them again? That said, purchased a BMW joined the club had a fee. Purchased a Porsche 911 joined the club there was a fee. Purchased a Corvette there was a fee. Purchased a Crossfire AND WILL JOIN THE CLUB HAPPY TO PAY THE FEE. By joining the other clubs there were many discounts in maintenance and after market products. Each had a local chapter, yet non ever brought me the joy of meeting and hanging out with the wonderful people who also love the Crossfire. They're not pushing the CICCI as much as their joy in having the new club up and running. Don't wish to join? OK. But don't discourage others who will see this thread and start questioning the existence of CICCI.

My two cents

edited for spelling errors

Last edited by rayrich1506; 12-24-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan I'm sorry you feel that way. Your XFI membership was pretty much fried the day after Carlisle in 07. That's when XFI ceased to exist. None of the folks running the new club had anything to do with XFI other than some of us lost our 10$ trying to join, I think a few were members. If there ever was a "secret organization" XFI was it as far as I'm concerned. If you feel we are pushing this too hard? I don't get that because it was discussed here for a long time. People have been trying to join even before we had an official club. There has been a great deal of interest. So I guess my question to you is exactly what is it you feel we should be doing? You say tone it down, please tell us specifics. Nowhere on this forum other than this section is it discussed to my knowledge and here we are doing as you suggest, letting people know what's available. There are a lot of questions from members of this forum and we either pm them or in some cases we respond here. So what and where is being overdone?
Rayrich is correct, most all other car clubs have some kind of fee, I too paid it at the Corvette Club, I know other folks that pay for the Harley Club etc.
When we all came together, and I mean about 20 of us up in Carlisle last summer, my first suggestion was to make the club part of this forum. I had no idea JR (the guy who owns this site) was MIA, moderators had been trying to contact him for months at that point and no response. Ray had the old XFI site and we decided that would be the best, long term idea for maintaining a Forum that couldn't and wouldn't be shut down. Had JR been available perhaps things would be different.
Next summer we will have elections for the club. The club will run itself, not us. We get it up and running and turn it over to the membership. I have no interest in being anything other than a founding member and helping out behind the scenes in anyway I can.
I hope you reconsider and join the club, we'd love to have you, you're one of the original people here. Last thing we want with anyone here is hard feelings Dan.
Mrphotoman - I'm still detecting that you don't think its fair we are doing this club forum. Question for you.....you have a photography web site. Is it the only one of its kind? Do you not cover things other sites might cover as well? Do you not mention your site on other forums? How do people find you if you don't let them know who and where you are? We've all explained the reason for our forum. Many of us use both forums, I actually belong to three forums. Nice people and great info on all three and I intend to continue to be part of all three. Like I said to you privately I hope you consider joining.
With that I wish all of you a Happy and Safe holiday season.
Pat

Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Forum Regular

wow lost me XFI tag had to post to confirm. I think the club should have a fee and I will join I think it should be for OWNERS ONLY. my .02 MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 PM
FP

Very well put Pat..

Like Pat said, none of us wanted to be self appointed. We just want to get it off the ground, and let the members vote the officers that will administer it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

FP

Old 12-24-2008, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by antonio311
We'll I did email the club asking for more info about a week and a half ago but i never got a response.
All e-mails received have been responded to... PM me your e-mail and I will resend...

Thank you.

Last edited by rhacker382; 12-24-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Is the owner of this site a member or owner of the car club forum? Isn't the content of this site the property of the site owners and did he give anyone permission to copy the content from here to use for another site? I am not complaining, just curious.
Strangely enough he doesn't own a Crossfire... So, no he is not a member of the owners club. Would we be willing to induct him as an honorary member? Very Likely.

No content has been copied. And, even if it was - it is open source material.

Any point you are driving at here is moot.

Old 12-24-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by rhacker382
Strangely enough he doesn't own a Crossfire... So, no he is not a member of the owners club. Would we be willing to induct him as an honorary member? Very Likely.

No content has been copied. And, even if it was - it is open source material.

Any point you are driving at here is moot.
Lol actually no it is not. Who cares what the owner drives, this is his site and his content. Anything that is posted on this site becomes his, that is the nature of a forum. To take that content to use for your own forum is dishonest and disrespectful. To take advantage of this sites membership base to build your own competing forum (competing because it is based on crossfire owners which is what this site is based on) is also disrespectful, dishonest and inappropriate.

Using your logic, I could take the source code from Microsoft windows vista because I am afraid microsoft may "go dark" aka go bankrupt so in my fear i want to save this operating system. Therefore I am going to "borrow" this code to use and call it mrphotoman vistaa ultra 6000 operating system and charge people twice as much to use it.

Good luck with your crossfire forum and it is clear you have it set in your mind there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. Some people can not tell wrong from right and it is evident that you and some of your super secret club members are becoming angry that I do not agree with what you are doing. In the end my opinion really does not matter on this because it will have no effect on what you are doing.

I hope you guys have success with your club and I hope it is not detrimental to this site in the end. It would be a real shame to see this site destroyed so a few people can make their own crossfire forum and maybe make a few bucks while essentially raping the site that brought us all together in the first place.

Regardless, good luck with your club. There are some kids down the road that have a club as well and they all appear to have fun with it. Their membership dues are only a candybar and they have a secret handshake and everything. (calm down guys, i made a funny.)

Quick Reply: If you don't want to join the XFi Club