Canada Serving Canada.

Gotta vent!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:46 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gotta vent!!!!!

That really sucks Steve....sorry to hear this.

Had the same thing happen at my local No Frills in my TSX. Came out with groceries in hand and walked up to the back of my car and saw the damage and initially thought...Oh thats not my car. Then it hit me... #!@% cowards.
I was parked under a camera that was in need of repair Caught a jeep back right into my rear left corner and take off but the sequencial stills were too grainy to see any details. Same deductible as you and my repair was $1500

Old 10-27-2011, 08:56 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about the trouble, Steve. That really sucks. I hate if for ya.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 PM

Steve sorry to hear this news. it makes it that much more frustrating when you go the extra mile in parking far away from danger and taking the long walk. Best of luck in getting her fixed.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bummer Steve.. Are our car's a target waiting to happen? Squirrel Crusher

Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I will stop by to assess the damage. This way I know what it is worth when I buy it from the wreckers!!!

But seriously... I am stopping by tomorrow

Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
I will stop by to assess the damage. This way I know what it is worth when I buy it from the wreckers!!!

But seriously... I am stopping by tomorrow
Haha, you'll need to pry it from my cold, dead hands as I'll NEVER give this car up! Damage doesn't look like much but involves 3 separate panels, one being the bumper cover which may not be repairable. Biggest issue will be matching and blending the paint. I'll see if I can get away today and get an estimate. Thanks to everyone for their kind words, this community really makes the ownership experience of this car second to none! Daniela says I'm obsessing (is that a word?) and as always, she's right!

Old 10-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Haha, you'll need to pry it from my cold, dead hands as I'll NEVER give this car up! Damage doesn't look like much but involves 3 separate panels, one being the bumper cover which may not be repairable. Biggest issue will be matching and blending the paint. I'll see if I can get away today and get an estimate. Thanks to everyone for their kind words, this community really makes the ownership experience of this car second to none! Daniela says I'm obsessing (is that a word?) and as always, she's right!
I got a bumpercover here, we can work out some sort of deal if needed.

As for matching paint... don't worry about that, I can rattle can your whole car so no one will ever notice the paint does not match.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
I got a bumpercover here, we can work out some sort of deal if needed.

As for matching paint... don't worry about that, I can rattle can your whole car so no one will ever notice the paint does not match.
Personally I would prefer to refinish it with a roller and a good matte exterior latex paint. The finish you get with a smooth roller is hard to beat. A few colors, say greens and browns and a good camo job could be done, just like the armored cars they use in Afghanistan and it should be hard to spot in any parking lot. This will keep away vandals, but people could bump into it when they fail to spot it, but touch ups are a breeze and you can forget getting any dents fixed as they are hard to spot even from close up.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Default Re: Gotta vent!!!

Dave, are you suggesting I have this guy fix the car?

Attached Thumbnails Gotta vent!!!-229401-retro-handyman-holding-paint-roller-hammer-logo-poster-art-print.jpg  
Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A lowlife coward did a hit and run on my car today
Sorry to hear Steve. Your SRT was the first that came to mind and knowing the time, effort and money you have spent on the SRT and seeing it first hand, I was feeling your pain. To no less extent however, the N/A being hit I'm sure hurts just as much. Colour matching the repair will not be an issue, providing you use a shop that knows what they are doing (been there done that). I would think this is somehting you will want to deal with right away before winter storage....assuming you store the N/A.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by tonygg
Sorry to hear Steve. Your SRT was the first that came to mind and knowing the time, effort and money you have spent on the SRT and seeing it first hand, I was feeling your pain. To no less extent however, the N/A being hit I'm sure hurts just as much. Colour matching the repair will not be an issue, providing you use a shop that knows what they are doing (been there done that). I would think this is somehting you will want to deal with right away before winter storage....assuming you store the N/A.
Thanks Tony, I'd be on life support if it was the SRT. I took the car over to a local shop that offers a discount to my Employer. Luckily, just materials and labour, no parts need to be replaced. Gonna flash/blend the paint, it'd be more if the whole panel needed painting.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
crossfire.PDF (114.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 10-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

My heart feels for you. My Machine Gray coupe was rear-ended in a parking lot at a nearby winery & resort a couple of years back. Hotel Manager said they had a report of an incident in the parking lot, but would never give me any information. I figured it was a regular customer with 'big bucks' and they didn't want to get him/her into any trouble. Fortunately, only the rear bumper cover had to be removed and was repairable There was some scrapes on the left rear quarter and the rear lens was busted.

Like others, the paint blend isn't as big a deal as years past. Depends on the talent of the painter.

Oh, by the way, I've been in North Bay for past 8 weeks on an assignment in Ontario Province. Worked at TEMBEC/Temiscaming paper mill. Leaving today as work assignment is finished.

Later,

Last edited by dedwards0323; 10-28-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coupe,
sorry to hear about your bad luck.
it only huets for a while.
gryfan

Old 10-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I'm a thousand deductible so it's a BOHICA for me! I figure it's gonna be all of that, it's the paint blend that's got me concerned.
I hate that your car got hit, but I had to laugh at BOHICA...I havent' heard that in ages...I was sick to my stomach when my car got hit...It was a definate BOHICA for me as they totalled the car and I was left with 2k after they payed off the car...It took me 2years to get another one.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 453 Likes on 320 Posts

Steve.
Glad ya found a shop that can fix her up.
I looked at the estimate and I have to tell ya I can't quite figure out how they got that total amount ??
Not really important to clarify for me but just sayin...

Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Steve.
Glad ya found a shop that can fix her up.
I looked at the estimate and I have to tell ya I can't quite figure out how they got that total amount ??
Not really important to clarify for me but just sayin...
The hours totaled $330, material $70 and the right hand column $425. = $825 plus taxes at 13%
I think the odd $50 is to make you think you are getting away with a $50 mistake. They'll add that in when you go back.

These guys have there own way of doing things and I was a bit confused at first and then I realized what added up.

Who says the customer has to understand the bill, all they have to do is pay it.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-28-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shop Supply's the hidden 50$

Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 453 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The hours totaled $330, material $70 and the right hand column $425. = $825 plus taxes at 13%
Got it now

Old 10-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
depends on the position of the camera's...sometimes they will look beyond the entrance...wouldn't hurt to at least look at what they have... talk to their security, not the people up front...
if they won't show you let your insurance company know that there was cameras...they have the resoruces to find the hit and run driver. They don't want to pay for it.

Kj

Old 10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by kjwinston
if they won't show you let your insurance company know that there was cameras...they have the resoruces to find the hit and run driver. They don't want to pay for it.

Kj
$1000 deductible and $825 in damage = out of pocket (unfortunately)

Quick Reply: Gotta vent!!!