Canada Serving Canada.

Western Canada...Crossfire Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Western Canada...Crossfire Owners!

Hello Northwest Crossfire fans…we are officially starting adistrict of owners/drivers of any Chrysler Crossfire. I know long ago when theXfires were new many were excited and tried to get together. Some of you madeit some did not. Well here is you chance to get back into a group that reallywants to get together once a year to parade the great car you bought. Most ofthe groups today are new or “hard core” lovers of the car. We are seeing moreCrossfire heading west, especially roadsters to enjoy the open roads. Please ifyou are interested in joining or just touring with us we are meeting in Yakima, Washingtonon the Memorial Day Weekend. If you have any interest in this email me at kevinwinston@cougarmtn.com withsubject as NWCC? I will then open and reply to any of your questions concernsetc. We would love to become one of the largest groups around.

Thanks for thinking about us,

KJ

Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Default Re: Western Canada..Crossfire Owners!

I love the Crossfire and am looking to buy one....it's a 2005 with 36k on it. Very clean. Dealer wants $18,000 plus taxes which is around $21,500 total. Too much?
What should I look for? The dealer has gone thru it and claims it runs well....ty

Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwheels
I love the Crossfire and am looking to buy one....it's a 2005 with 36k on it. Very clean. Dealer wants $18,000 plus taxes which is around $21,500 total. Too much?
What should I look for? The dealer has gone thru it and claims it runs well....ty
I do not know where you are, Canada or the US, but that seems way too much money. I'd expect an SRT6 for that money, maybe even a roadster.
I think you may be in Canada because of the high taxes, in which case I say look to the US for an SRT6 or a cheaper regular one if you have that money to spend. Get a car from the South if possible.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I do not know where you are, Canada or the US, but that seems way too much money. I'd expect an SRT6 for that money, maybe even a roadster.
I think you may be in Canada because of the high taxes, in which case I say look to the US for an SRT6 or a cheaper regular one if you have that money to spend. Get a car from the South if possible.
Well, problem with that is distance I have to travel to buy a US car and also customs fees to import it into B.C. as well as other fees (inspection) so, given that, I may not be saving as much money as maybe was the case years ago...the US dollar is about equal to the Canuck dollar. I am still going to try to get the price down though. They want a $395 doc fee. I don't think so. We pay 12% tax in BC....can't get around that. This car is one owner and has been in Vancouver in a garage.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwheels
Well, problem with that is distance I have to travel to buy a US car and also customs fees to import it into B.C. as well as other fees (inspection) so, given that, I may not be saving as much money as maybe was the case years ago...the US dollar is about equal to the Canuck dollar. I am still going to try to get the price down though. They want a $395 doc fee. I don't think so. We pay 12% tax in BC....can't get around that. This car is one owner and has been in Vancouver in a garage.
The inspection fee is about $110, there is no customs fee except for a fee of $200 I think plus you 12%.
The cost for the Canadian lights on while driving fix can be about $40 if you use the Canadian Tire module.

I know Western Canadian car costs are higher than here in the East but I'd guess that car here would go for $15,000 max.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The inspection fee is about $110, there is no customs fee except for a fee of $200 I think plus you 12%.
The cost for the Canadian lights on while driving fix can be about $40 if you use the Canadian Tire module.

I know Western Canadian car costs are higher than here in the East but I'd guess that car here would go for $15,000 max.

I checked with RIV. It's $295, plus fees if the car has AC, plus other fees....frankly, because of the hassle I'd rather go local. It would cost me a grand just to get to the states and back. Thanks for the info, though. You guys are great! (or gals!)

Old 09-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Loa
Default Re: Western Canada...Crossfire Owners!

How many Crossfires in your Parade this year? From a "new" & curious BC Crossfire owner.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 AM

Just bought my Crossfire in August. I'm hooked. Aero Blue, Limited 2005 with 36,000 km. Do you ever have get togethers in Victoria? Or somewhere on Vancouver Island?

Old 10-09-2013, 02:13 AM

I would also be interested in get togethers in Victoria or Vancouver Island!